DET Cocu interest

3 minutes ago, Charlie George said:

Would love to read Nicholson's book when he retires.Clearly a very good local journo with an excellent knowledge of Derby County and understanding of football in general.

But some of the stuff he throws out for the demands of his employer are horrendous.He must be privately embarrased and frustrated by it and is longing for his retirement date to come.

Must be galling to work for so many years only see Ryan Conway show up with the dream job at the Athletic where he actually gets to write proper articles and be way more popular than Nicholson ever has been.

If Nicholson put out a book I’d buy it very quickly though, I’m sure he’s got so great stories and some good insight. Shame his skill has been washed away with old media’s slow, slow death.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, David said:

SkyBet have basically offered odds on all the Dutch managers they can think of 

ten Hag 3/1

Advocaat 4/1

van Gaal 6/1

Hiddink 9/1

Cocu 12/1

van Bronckhorst, Bosz 14/1

De Boer, Slot 16/1

McClaren 50/1

I would rule out Advocaat,  van Gaal and probably Hiddink who is now 73 yrs old. So yes, ten Hag would be best bet. After that no reason at all why Philip Cocu wouldn't be a good option for the job. Even considering the historic ups and downs of the Dutch national team, it would be a walk in the park after the 2019-20 season at DCFC. 

4 hours ago, Kernow said:

Every time someone criticises “his” article for being rubbish, he’ll usually just reply with “not mine”. I’m sure he must know 99% of content is terrible, but all that matters are the clicks.

Yep, it's a shame that everything has gone that way isn't it. It must be absolutely soul destroying for long serving old style journalists that this is what it's come to nowadays.

On 17/08/2020 at 18:23, Andicis said:

Isn't Cocu a PSV man? Pretty sure they don't take kindly to crossing the divide.

They have a bit of rivalry simply by being the most successful clubs over there, but plenty of players have represented both.

Archived