DET Cocu interest

1 minute ago, KBB said:

Lovely way for the local press to cover their local club.

On its arse the DET.

Let's create a "story" about the clubs manager to get some clicks, sod the "stability" of the club. Remember how the fans reacted when Steve mac was linked with the newcastle job and Lampard with the chelsea job?

Brilliant stuff.

Expect fans demanding a statement from cocu "distancing himself" from the job within the next 24 hours.

Utter dross

The DET or whatever they call themselves have been utter dross for years now. Their website is totally unreadable and their content is mostly tweets from other people. It's pathetic. 

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 minutes ago, David said:

SkyBet have basically offered odds on all the Dutch managers they can think of 

ten Hag 3/1

Advocaat 4/1

van Gaal 6/1

Hiddink 9/1

Cocu 12/1

van Bronckhorst, Bosz 14/1

De Boer, Slot 16/1

McClaren 50/1

ahhh .... seen what you’ve done there!!! Basically one of them’s not Dutch are they? and you testing the forums knowledge to see if we’ll spot which was is the ‘ringer’ ..... is ten Hag a Dane??? ?

The paper is an absolute shambles .

They never have proper journalism. Never any breaking news. 

They regurgitate national press articles.

Every now and again you'll get "he is not on Derby's radar the Derby Telegraph understands"

But that doesn't stop them publishing an article on any player linked with us. 

If you have the nerve to even challenge Steve Nicholson he will try and be smart and clever and not at all acknowledge the fact that the story is utter garbage and has no relevance to us whatsoever.

There's been some shocking ones recently. But the worst are Ben Pringle signing for Morecambe. They ran a story on that. 

And Darren Bent (because he played for us) said on talksport that Villa should sign Benrahma and Watkins they ran an article on that. 

They publish absolutely nothing. Gutter paper which needs binning.

I don't think it's cocus style to just drop everything and go to a different job. You can tell he sees it as a long term project. He was very loyal like that as a player, requesting to leave Barcelona as a free transfer when his contract expired, he did the same as manager of psv. Plus, I would think Holland would be looking for someone with more managerial experience at the highest level.

He’s probably got his hands tied by the awful, clickbait-driven demands of the paper he works for, but Steve Nicholson really does produce some really terrible articles.

It’s quite funny how people like him can still claim to be “journalists” but there we are.

1 minute ago, Kernow said:

He’s probably got his hands tied by the awful, clickbait-driven demands of the paper he works for, but Steve Nicholson really does produce some really terrible articles.

It’s quite funny how people like him can still claim to be “journalists” but there we are.

The one I see is not Nicholson's, it says Chris Watson.

1 minute ago, RandomAccessMemory said:

The one I see is not Nicholson's, it says Chris Watson.

Didn’t find the article because I generally don’t like giving it the clicks. But I have clicked plenty of Nicholson’s “articles” in the past, and that type of piece would certainly fall within his general remit.

6 minutes ago, Kernow said:

Didn’t find the article because I generally don’t like giving it the clicks. But I have clicked plenty of Nicholson’s “articles” in the past, and that type of piece would certainly fall within his general remit.

I know what you mean, I just felt the need to point out that it wasn't his this time. I feel quite sorry for him as he's always got people criticising him either on here or on Twitter, and a lot of the time they aren't even his articles.

I remember around 15-16 years ago, after school I would make sure to pop into the local newsagents, read the back of the telegraph to see the latest rumours regarding Derby And tell the owner about them all. Thank god he supported Derby.

Nowadays I couldn’t think of anything worse, some of the stories they run and the twitter feed is just constant click bait! 

4 minutes ago, RandomAccessMemory said:

I know what you mean, I just felt the need to point out that it wasn't his this time. I feel quite sorry for him as he's always got people criticising him either on here or on Twitter, and a lot of the time they aren't even his articles.

Every time someone criticises “his” article for being rubbish, he’ll usually just reply with “not mine”. I’m sure he must know 99% of content is terrible, but all that matters are the clicks.

The 2nd, 3rd and 4th favourites have all had the job at least twice already

Advocaat 1992-94, replaced by Hiddink 1994-98. 

Van Gaal 2000-02, replaced by Advocaat 2002-04. 

Van Gaal 2012-14, replaced by Hiddink 2014-15

Advocaat (3rd spell) 2017.

Looks like the Ajax boss is nailed on anyway, but wonder if they would consider Cocu as a replacement? 

Would love to read Nicholson's book when he retires.Clearly a very good local journo with an excellent knowledge of Derby County and understanding of football in general.

But some of the stuff he throws out for the demands of his employer are horrendous.He must be privately embarrased and frustrated by it and is longing for his retirement date to come.

Archived