Messi wants out

Day

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 16/08/2020 at 22:53, cannable said:

His buy out clause is £700,000,000. He isn’t going anywhere. It’s a power play to force an early election. 

Bartomeu has pretty much sent Barca back to 2008. It’s been clear they’ve needed a rebuild since 17/18. Messi and Pique (Busquets as well in Valverde’s first season) have just about managed to keep the ship together but they’ve just got everything so wrong. 

He can leave for free next summer, so i wouldnt be so sure. There are also a few reports stating that he'd be allowed to leave for a lot less than that if he truly wants to leave.

Apparently there was a clause in his contract that he could activate to allow him to leave for free before the end of the season (strange clause to agree to from Barcelona's point of view) The delayed end to the season will complicate that.

There is a chance that this is Messi's attempt to force Bartomeu to resign. It might work.

I'd love to see how an accountant would justify spending around 700,000,00 plus a reported 30,000,000 in wages.

He has maybe 2/3 years top level skill/pace in him. You'd need to get an increase in revenue of 300,000,000 a year to justify that, or around 6,000,000 per game. or an additional £100 per fan per match (all rough figures obviously). Other revenue is probably nailed down already (TV Sponsors etc), so it has to come from the fans.

Of course they could use our amortisation policy then they will make a profit on him until a minute to midnight on his contract date. 

I think it’s shocking how they’re treating Messi after all he’s won for the club. I get if you have an asset worth £700m you’re not going to want to let them go for nothing, but if they put a clause in the contract which he only didn’t act up on to see out the delayed season ending then it’s even worse how he’s being treated.

He’s one of the greatest players of our generation and surely as football fans they’d want to honour his wishes to leave, players won’t want to go to Spain, Bale being another example of how awful they handle a player wanting to leave over there. 

On 25/08/2020 at 20:08, Millenniumram said:

Barcelona are properly falling apart. Really hope Messi comes to England, would be wonderful to see him tear Leeds to shreds a couple of times next season.

I hope he comes to City, and then Cory draw Stoke away in the FA Cup on a Wednesday night in February.

Then the immortal question - ‘he’s good, but can he do it on a wet Wednesday night in Stoke?’ - will finally be answered. 

Messi isn’t coming to the Premier League Or anywhere else for that matter., IMHO he’s not gonna leave Barcelona he’s just playing his usual game. It’s a show of strength on his part, strong arm tactics to influence everything from the very top downward within that club. 
He will get what he wants and remain a Barcelona player,  he does this every couple of years. 

Archived