Lee Gregory

GrimsbyRam

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Your not wrong and no doubt Lee Gregory would come in, score the odd goal, put in 100% effort and we would be happy with his contribution, but he wont propel us to the next level.

All those 3 players you mention did a job, Nugent more so (I actually really like Nuge), but not of those players were really what we wanted/needed at the time.

To be honest Gregory doesn't inspire me in any way Both Nugent and Jerome were far better. 

9 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Why did you quote @JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta if you didn't want to mention him mate? Losing it are you! ?

Was more to do with the finances of any possible deal rather than it being specifically to do with Martin.

You cant say we should offer x more money rather than try and sign y, if you dont know what either x or y would want in terms of wages or any potential signing on fees.

If we ever do another fans forum can someone please ask Mel and others about recruitment I wouldn't trust this lot to scout me a decent ripe bananna they would come back with a full on bruised one. Isn't about time we changed the whole scout infrastructure after how much we have lost on paid out transfers to how much get resale we have to give them away. Literally every window no-one even sniffs round 1 player  we couldn't even loan anya out 

6 minutes ago, Barney1991 said:

If we ever do another fans forum can someone please ask Mel and others about recruitment I wouldn't trust this lot to scout me a decent ripe bananna they would come back with a full on bruised one. Isn't about time we changed the whole scout infrastructure after how much we have lost on paid out transfers to how much get resale we have to give them away. Literally every window no-one even sniffs round 1 player  we couldn't even loan anya out 

Didnt we sell Ince and Vydra for tidy profits?

How do you know nobody has been interested in our players?

Maybe, just maybe we have turned offers down to try and keep teams together?

3 minutes ago, Diego said:

Seems sensible move to me. Wish people realise Martin left on his own accord and didn’t sign what was offered. 

It seems sensible to you signing a 31 year old who's never managed more than a 10 goal season at this level and spent most of his career much below the Championship and also isn't the type of player known for progressive football?? 

9 minutes ago, Andicis said:

It seems sensible to you signing a 31 year old who's never managed more than a 10 goal season at this level and spent most of his career much below the Championship and also isn't the type of player known for progressive football?? 

Yup. More mobile than Martin, what Cocu will want. Best change your profile pic to Gregory, chap. 

1 minute ago, Diego said:

Yup. More mobile than Martin, what Cocu will want. Best change your profile pic to Gregory, chap. 

May as well sign me then. I'll run around, and for less money than Gregory. I'm poo at football, but doesn't matter if I'm mobile right?

3 minutes ago, Andicis said:

May as well sign me then. I'll run around, and for less money than Gregory. I'm poo at football, but doesn't matter if I'm mobile right?

As I said, what Cocu wants. I like Martin wish he’d stayed. Didn’t. We move on. 

As I said, what Cocu wants. I like Martin wish he’d stayed. Didn’t. We move on. 

We have no idea if this isn't just paper talk - I can't imagine Cocu has been sat watching Lee Gregory compilations. The dude's a donkey. The only person bringing Martin up is you, I haven't mentioned him. 

1 minute ago, Andicis said:

We have no idea if this isn't just paper talk - I can't imagine Cocu has been sat watching Lee Gregory compilations. The dude's a donkey. The only person bringing Martin up is you, I haven't mentioned him. 

It’s not that deep pal. It’s funny though, typical ethos of Derby fans is to beat a man down before he’s put pen to paper, if as you say It’s true, could all be rubbish. 

It’s not that deep pal. It’s funny though, typical ethos of Derby fans is to beat a man down before he’s put pen to paper, if as you say It’s true, could all be rubbish. 

Alright, pal. In competitive sports, fans tend to want to sign good players. It's not unique to Derby fans not wanting to sign rubbish ones. 

2 minutes ago, Andicis said:

Alright, pal. In competitive sports, fans tend to want to sign good players. It's not unique to Derby fans not wanting to sign rubbish ones. 

Completely agree, I do. But let’s remember Martin (sorry to bring up again), Buxton et al - hardly glittering careers when we signed them, so who knows. I agree hardly a potential signing to get bums on seat, but maybe the market we are in sadly.

Our scouts really ought to get pass Dover though, I’ll tell you that! 

5 minutes ago, Diego said:

But let’s remember Martin (sorry to bring up again), Buxton et al - hardly glittering careers

Errr Martin had two promotions "On his return to Norwich, he was an important first team player as the club recorded successive promotions from League One and the Championship in the 2009–10 and 2010–11 seasons."

Archived