Lee Gregory

GrimsbyRam

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd be okay with this as a stop gap for a year or two assuming it's a sensible fee / wages. The kind of player we eventually want to fill this role will cost big money, we need to find someone to play there until we can afford it.

Fits the bill for the type of player we need, scored regularly at this level and I've always thought he looked decent whenever we played Millwall.

To those dismissing this because of age, how many would have been happy to keep Chris Martin, aren't they a similar age? I'd also add theres not looking like there will be a lot of experience in our side Romney aside. We need one or two oldish heads.

10 & 13 goals in the 2 seasons for Millwall prior to joining Stoke.

Jed Wallace was supplying the ammunition and got 9 assists one season (although only 2 the next), this season without Gregory he got 13 assists

Idon't know if that shows that Gregory was missing a lot of chances it that Wallace is very hot and miss?

Either way its not really a surprise he hasn't scored many this season when his supply line for the most part was James McClean & Voldemort.

All that said... Hmmmm, no thanks, I don't think. When laughing at the Stoke forum last season I never got the impression he was pulling up any trees with his general play or that they felt he was unlucky to have a low goal count.

11 minutes ago, Coconut said:

10 & 13 goals in the 2 seasons for Millwall prior to joining Stoke.

Jed Wallace was supplying the ammunition and got 9 assists one season (although only 2 the next), this season without Gregory he got 13 assists

Idon't know if that shows that Gregory was missing a lot of chances it that Wallace is very hot and miss?

Either way its not really a surprise he hasn't scored many this season when his supply line for the most part was James McClean & Voldemort.

All that said... Hmmmm, no thanks, I don't think. When laughing at the Stoke forum last season I never got the impression he was pulling up any trees with his general play or that they felt he was unlucky to have a low goal count.

Cheers Statto ? He did only start 20 odd games though...

I'm really not sure we're definitley going to be in for a striker, at least not as a priority

Bring in a right winger and you free Waghorn to play up front more, combined with Marriott and JHI is good options

I dont really rate him but Waghorn is much better than Gregory

1 minute ago, Shuff264 said:

I'm really not sure we're definitley going to be in for a striker, at least not as a priority

Bring in a right winger and you free Waghorn to play up front more, combined with Marriott and JHI is good options

I dont really rate him but Waghorn is much better than Gregory

I think we do...if Waghorn got a long term injury along with Jack’s problems we would be very short up top...

3 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

I think we do...if Waghorn got a long term injury along with Jack’s problems we would be very short up top...

Just one of those risks, if we're only playing one up front cant you really justify having 4 strikers? Maybe, but its way down the priorities. There are positions we haven't got a starter let alone depth

1 minute ago, Shuff264 said:

Just one of those risks, if we're only playing one up front cant you really justify having 4 strikers? Maybe, but its way down the priorities. There are positions we haven't got a starter let alone depth

We are 4 short, Gk, CB, Winger and CF

3 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

We are 4 short, Gk, CB, Winger and CF

It's all about priorities, if we can only bring 1 more player in I want a goalkeeper

2 and I'll take a winger as well

Maybe we do need quality up front but I'm not sure it's a priority

And Gregory definitely isn't the answer

Archived