Lee Gregory

GrimsbyRam

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We still have the same recruitment team. It’s not surprising that we are being linked with the same players as last Summer. Underwhelming. However, if Stoke want rid (just bought in Fletcher), this could be loan with view to offer him a deal next Summer when is contract expires. Not one for the future, but as a low cost option you can’t completely dismiss it

Personally, I think it's reasonable that we'd be linked with him. I think he fits the general profile of the sort of player that Cocu would want as a striker, so you'd expect him to be on our radar. I'd imagine he's just one of many on the list, though, and that he wouldn't be our first choice.

Or to put it another way, we probably want a player with the attributes of Lee Gregory, but hopefully we end up with one that's better than Lee Gregory.

21 minutes ago, r4derby said:

We still have the same recruitment team. It’s not surprising that we are being linked with the same players as last Summer. Underwhelming. However, if Stoke want rid (just bought in Fletcher), this could be loan with view to offer him a deal next Summer when is contract expires. Not one for the future, but as a low cost option you can’t completely dismiss it

We have no idea who we’re genuinely after. This is newspaper/Internet talk.

MTW was out of nowhere. 

Im sure our coaching staff will know players. 

40 minutes ago, JfR said:

Personally, I think it's reasonable that we'd be linked with him. I think he fits the general profile of the sort of player that Cocu would want as a striker, so you'd expect him to be on our radar. I'd imagine he's just one of many on the list, though, and that he wouldn't be our first choice.

Or to put it another way, we probably want a player with the attributes of Lee Gregory, but hopefully we end up with one that's better than Lee Gregory.

This. He fits the mould of the striker I expect us to bring in. I would very much prefer a younger/better option.

Archived