Jump to content

Your First XI


Recommended Posts

My team has taken two direct hits:

 

                       Roos / marshall

ebosele.     Te wierik.    Clarke.       Buchanan

                            Bird

holmes.      Knight.     Sibley.        Wilson

                         Waghorn

 

the squad is now painfully thin.

Link to post
Share on other sites

As things stand (backups in italics):

Marshall 
Roos

Bogle        te Wierik      Bielik       Clarke       Lowe
Wisdom         Davies        Evans     Forsyth    Buchanan

Bird     Rooney
Shinnie   Knight

    Sibley   Lawrence
Whittaker     Holmes

Waghorn
Marriott

 

However, I don’t think 5 at the back is a long term thing. If Bogle and Lowe leaving is true, we’ll be very light at the back (7 fit/available), and will need to sign 2 equally good replacements. 
We’ve also been told we’re looking for 3 forward players. Once Lawrence and Waghorn are back, that would leave us top heavy - 13 players for 5 positions.

4231/433 still looks to be the long term plan, but we can’t really play that at the moment with only 1 fit winger to field (Whittaker).

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Tamworthram said:

If we’re not going to bother showing him respect and using Te Wierik’s proper name, perhaps we should go with

 

                                           Scottish

Dutch.                              Polish.                   English

American.                        English.                  English

Welsh.                              English.                 English

                                         English
 

Keeps our options open.

Sorry if I offended. 😒#dutchlivesmatter.

Took me ages on my new phone to keep opening new tabs up to spell Kanchelskis, and Beckenbauer correctly. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I haven’t read this entire thread, so apologies if I am repeating what someone else has said.

There is ONE man whose name is first on the team sheet and who the formation should be built around, Wayne Rooney.

The facts are that Rooney is the England’s record goal scorer and, therefore, one of the greatest players this country has ever produced.

No matter what anyone else says there is, most probably, not ONE other player on our books who will be anywhere near the player that Rooney was/is.

Let me say that again, we have one of the greatest players of all time.

So, what should we do, we should build the team around him for ONE season.

Play a 4-2-3-1 with Rooney either in the 2 (Holding player next to Bird) OR in the 3 (Attacking player with Lawrence to the left and Holmes/Whittaker/NEW to the right). Let him and Cocu decide what’s best for Rooney.

Harsh in young Sibley, but he’ll have his time and may eventually replace Rooney in the centre of the 3.

Now, WHY should we do this? Because Rooney is a WINNER. I don’t care about his age, he’s been a success everywhere he’s played.

This May very well be his LAST season as a player and he will want it to be a winning legacy; I honestly believe he could drive this team through force of will to promotion.

So, for me, he’s the first player on the team sheet and you build the team to cover for him and protect his legs.

Anyone selecting a team without him or a formation that doesn’t suit him needs a word with themselves.

Rooney is a WINNER, full stop.

Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, Birdyabroad said:

I haven’t read this entire thread, so apologies if I am repeating what someone else has said.

There is ONE man whose name is first on the team sheet and who the formation should be built around, Wayne Rooney.

The facts are that Rooney is the England’s record goal scorer and, therefore, one of the greatest players this country has ever produced.

No matter what anyone else says there is, most probably, not ONE other player on our books who will be anywhere near the player that Rooney was/is.

Let me say that again, we have one of the greatest players of all time.

So, what should we do, we should build the team around him for ONE season.

Play a 4-2-3-1 with Rooney either in the 2 (Holding player next to Bird) OR in the 3 (Attacking player with Lawrence to the left and Holmes/Whittaker/NEW to the right). Let him and Cocu decide what’s best for Rooney.

Harsh in young Sibley, but he’ll have his time and may eventually replace Rooney in the centre of the 3.

Now, WHY should we do this? Because Rooney is a WINNER. I don’t care about his age, he’s been a success everywhere he’s played.

This May very well be his LAST season as a player and he will want it to be a winning legacy; I honestly believe he could drive this team through force of will to promotion.

So, for me, he’s the first player on the team sheet and you build the team to cover for him and protect his legs.

Anyone selecting a team without him or a formation that doesn’t suit him needs a word with themselves.

Rooney is a WINNER, full stop.

spot on mate , Sibleys still learning , seemed to get frustrated yesterday and tried to do a little bit too much himself , but no doubt hes going to be a very good footballer

Link to post
Share on other sites

Marshall

 

Wisdom

Clarke

Mike te

Fozzie 

 

Bird Sibley

Knight

 

Rooney Waghorn Lawrence/Holmes

 

If I was playing against this team do we mark Sibbo or Rooney or Lawrence ? Having a new striker who can score would put pressure on waggy to keep his goal tally up. Same can be said for Tom. 

Might even get the best out of the kids ? Gentle competition for places can work wonders ??

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Marriott Ram99 said:

      For first game

             Marshall 

Wisdom MTW Clarke Forsyth

             Bird Shinnie

RW  Jozwiak /new   CAM Sibley /Lawrence *if we sign a left sided winger, LW- Lawrence

           Marriott 

 

This is pretty close to our best team, I think. When everyone's available I think I'd go:

               Marshall

Wisdom. MtW. Clarke. Fozzy

                Bird. Bielik

Jozwiak.                      Lawrence

                        Sibley

            Marriott

 

Super-sub: Rooney

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, WNC Ram said:

 

This is pretty close to our best team, I think. When everyone's available I think I'd go:

               Marshall

Wisdom. MtW. Clarke. Fozzy

                Bird. Bielik

Jozwiak.                      Lawrence

                        Sibley

            Marriott

 

Super-sub: Rooney

 

If we just sign Jozwiak that would be our best team but that could change as I expect a few others as well, I wouldn't be surprised if we sign 2 new wingers and a new striker +a number 10 player /LB. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, WNC Ram said:

 

This is pretty close to our best team, I think. When everyone's available I think I'd go:

               Marshall

Wisdom. MtW. Clarke. Fozzy

                Bird. Bielik

Jozwiak.                      Lawrence

                        Sibley

            Marriott

 

Super-sub: Rooney

 

I just don’t see Jack as a lone striker....

Link to post
Share on other sites

                  Marshall

     Te Wierk    Evans    Clarke

Holmes    Rooney    Bird    Bucho

         Lawrence     Sibley

                 Waghorn

Lil' Dunc is gonna have to pull his socks up and have that right wing back spot. Bucho on 'tother side.

I'm quite happy with that team. Could do with another striker but I'd back Waggy to have a go at getting 20 goals this season.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

As it stands with the two lads about to go 

                   Marshall 

wisdom Dutch Clarke Forsyth   

             Bird.    Rooney 

waghorn   Sibley Lawrence    

              Marriott 

Bielick fills in when when a place appears defensively and centrally 

thats a very steady side especially if Marriott is contributing 

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Richard246 said:

                Marshall

Wisdom Te wierik Clarke Buchanan

 

           Bird Rooney

New          Sibley         New

               New

 

 

 

I doubt very much we’ll be bringing in three new players that automatically slot into first team. 
 

No place for Bielik or Lawrence?

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Birdyabroad said:

I haven’t read this entire thread, so apologies if I am repeating what someone else has said.

There is ONE man whose name is first on the team sheet and who the formation should be built around, Wayne Rooney.

The facts are that Rooney is the England’s record goal scorer and, therefore, one of the greatest players this country has ever produced.

No matter what anyone else says there is, most probably, not ONE other player on our books who will be anywhere near the player that Rooney was/is.

Let me say that again, we have one of the greatest players of all time.

So, what should we do, we should build the team around him for ONE season.

Play a 4-2-3-1 with Rooney either in the 2 (Holding player next to Bird) OR in the 3 (Attacking player with Lawrence to the left and Holmes/Whittaker/NEW to the right). Let him and Cocu decide what’s best for Rooney.

Harsh in young Sibley, but he’ll have his time and may eventually replace Rooney in the centre of the 3.

Now, WHY should we do this? Because Rooney is a WINNER. I don’t care about his age, he’s been a success everywhere he’s played.

This May very well be his LAST season as a player and he will want it to be a winning legacy; I honestly believe he could drive this team through force of will to promotion.

So, for me, he’s the first player on the team sheet and you build the team to cover for him and protect his legs.

Anyone selecting a team without him or a formation that doesn’t suit him needs a word with themselves.

Rooney is a WINNER, full stop.

We are not playing in Soccer Aid.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Marriott Ram99 said:

If we just sign Jozwiak that would be our best team but that could change as I expect a few others as well, I wouldn't be surprised if we sign 2 new wingers and a new striker +a number 10 player /LB. 

I'm expecting us to be more fiscally conservative than that. I'd be surprised to see more than Jozwiak plus a journeyman striker over 30 on loan or a free--i.e. cheap Chris Martin standin.

Edited by WNC Ram
Typo
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.