Your First XI

sage

10 hours ago, RamNut said:

Roos

bogle.    Te weirik.  Wisdom.   Lowe

Bird.      

Holmes       Knight.      Sibley.    Wilson

Waghorn                          

a bit crazy but Wilson is naturally left footed.
Holmes v shinnie depending on the formation.

Holmes might have a bit more pace than knight

No Rooney? 

I believe he won't start ever game but will be in our strongest team. 

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A few people have put Whittaker in their preferred side. Unless I’ve missed something there is no way he gets near the starting line up. I’d get him out on loan and we may actually find out what position he plays and how good he is 

13 minutes ago, RYRAM said:

No Rooney? 

I believe he won't start ever game but will be in our strongest team. 

it’s about the team rather than accommodating one individual.

Knight could drop back if we need a second holding player. Similarly sibley can break forward as the second striker. A Traditional pairing on either flank protects the full backs and Gives us width. Holmes and Wilson are gambles, but we don’t have a lot of option. I want to see a left footed left winger and a right footed right winger. Wilson is quick and would give us that threat to run into the space behind the defence. He got 5 goals for the u23s last year and is tipped by Justin walker to be the next one to break through. maybe he isn’t quite ready but Giles Barnes developed quickly when he got his chance and maybe Wilson could do too. 
Lawrence could understudy sibley and play more central as and when selected. Shinnie would be my second choice for the holding midfield role. Wisdom did well at left back and may be the better option for left sided centre back, but probably we do lack a bit of balance in central defence. 
to play two holding players we have to adopt a formation with fewer attacking players. We play knight out of position.The full backs have to operate without a partner to support them so we concede crosses, and leave gaps when they push forward. In this system it’s a choice between Rooney and knight. I prefer knight. 

6 minutes ago, RamNut said:

it’s about the team rather than accommodating one individual.

Knight could drop back if we need a second holding player. Similarly sibley can break forward as the second striker. A Traditional pairing on either flank protects the full backs and Gives us width. Holmes and Wilson are gambles, but we don’t have a lot of option. I want to see a left footed left winger and a right footed right winger. Wilson is quick and would give us that threat to run into the space behind the defence. He got 5 goals for the u23s last year and is tipped by Justin walker to be the next one to break through. maybe he isn’t quite ready but Giles Barnes developed quickly when he got his chance and maybe Wilson could do too. 
Lawrence could understudy sibley and play more central as and when selected. Shinnie would be my second choice for the holding midfield role. Wisdom did well at left back and may be the better option for left sided centre back, but probably we do lack a bit of balance in central defence. 
to play two holding players we have to adopt a formation with fewer attacking players. We play knight out of position.The full backs have to operate without a partner to support them so we concede crosses, and leave gaps when they push forward. In this system it’s a choice between Rooney and knight. I prefer knight. 

all very good points mate. with Ronney coming to the end and taking other routes into football I understand the view of Knight. 

for me a player like Rooney starts his leadership dead ball and vision are class. I respect your view and in some games plans agree all opinions I guess 

Roos

Bogle                     Wisdom                Dutch Lad                 Fozzy

Bird         Holmes

Waghorn                    Sibley                   Lawrence

Rooney 

9 hours ago, Carl Sagan said:

Bringing some realism to the thread with Carson heading to Man City and Bielik injured for the first part of the season, GoC nails the team. Wisdom had a handful of good games but has failed to make a big enough impression overall. Evans is clearly never going to be a midfielder, but has always impressed and looked the part as a cultured ball-playing centre half. Plus there's the left/right thing but I've always thought that's overrated and a centre back should be able to play in either slot.

When Bielik is fit he battles Rooney and Bird for a place (as Bielik has never impressed at centre half either but really looks the part to me in midfield). But with games inevitably coming thick and fast, I think we'll need to rotate to keep things fresh anyway.

Fully appreciate what you're saying mate and respect you're opinion.

I feel that Wisdom showed a lot more at centre half and is twice the centre half than Evans will ever be.

5 minutes ago, RamsFan10 said:

Roos

Bogle  Te Wierik  Bielik  Lowe

Bird  Rooney

Waghorn  Sibley  Lawrence

Marriott

A goalkeeper and at least one winger are an absolute must.

Bielik won’t be fit for the first game....where we fit him in will be interesting when he is...

Roos

Wisdom Bielik Te Wierek 

Bogle      Bird Rooney        Lowe 

Sibley        Lawrence 

Waghorn 

looking at this there’s quality in the side but still where is the pace? 

17 hours ago, Millenniumram said:

Roos

Bogle te-Wierik Bielik Lowe

Bird Rooney

Holmes Sibley Lawrence

Waghorn

Bench: Ravas, Forsyth, Davies, Shinnie, Knight, Whittaker, Marriott

As it stands,that's the way it will go I suspect......Hoping we get a new striker in though,as I'm struggling to get excited about waggy being our number 9 and Marriott going to be used mainly off the bench if he's not moved on.

9 minutes ago, Rambalin said:

Looking at the team's on here I hope big Mike likes heading and defending balls coming in from the flanks has we have in Lowe and Bogle two fullbacks who are about afraid of getting in the way of a cross has Count Dracula.

Apparently the stats show Lowe is good at stopping crosses ?

1 hour ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Apparently the stats show Lowe is good at stopping crosses ?

Stats came show anything many is the time they say we have had 5 or 6 shots on target when we all know it was only a couple. 

Use your own eyes to judge players not a computer generated stat too much football manager crap is used to make points now days. 

1 minute ago, Rambalin said:

Stats came show anything many is the time they say we have had 5 or 6 shots on target when we all know it was only a couple. 

Use your own eyes to judge players not a computer generated stat too much football manager crap is used to make points now days. 

If you have seen my earlier posts you will see that my post was tongue in cheek...I totally agree with you ?

2 hours ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

As it stands,that's the way it will go I suspect......Hoping we get a new striker in though,as I'm struggling to get excited about waggy being our number 9 and Marriott going to be used mainly off the bench if he's not moved on.

Agreed, striker has to be one of the priority’s this window. Waghorn is decent, but he’s an off the bench player ideally not a starter. Marriott isn’t good enough full stop.

Archived