Loan watch 2020 - 2021

angieram

3 hours ago, Rampant said:

JHI made the bench and came on towards the end for Stevenage three games ago but hasn't made the squad for the last two games.

Any idea what's going on there?

I think he's gone there with a view to joining permanently in the summer. Either that or we chose a bad club to loan him to as they have 4 experienced CFs currently at the club

Newton has been their first choice CF all season, missing only a couple of games.
Aitchison seems to start most games when fit but has missed a lot of games due to injury.
At the start of January they loaned in Norris who has played in most games since joining and all but 2 of those were starts. They also loaned in Stevens at the same time who seems to be their preferred sub

They also loaned out Dinanga to Chesterfield, Oteh's loan ended and returned to QPR and Effiong was loaned out to Notts County.

Seems their manager likes to have 5 forwards for 2 positions and got Trialist in to be 5th choice. Frustrating if true considering he would be 4th choice for us (behind Kazim, Gregory, Waghorn)

1 hour ago, Premier ram said:

Congratulations Jack on a goalscoring debut , knuckle down , work hard and you could be a star for the Rams next season and beyond

This season too. He's going to score 10 goals during his 1 month loan. Then he'll be back in the squad after we've won 6 on the bounce. Our good run will continue with him scoring important goals to help us win our remaining 12 games and sneak into 6th on the final day of the season, partly thanks to Boro losing 6-0 to Wycombe and us making it on GD. Stretton's goal scoring form continues into the playoffs as we win the semi-final and final.

Do you think letting Jack Stretton go out on loan for a month was a good move. Wayne stated he rates him, he makes the bench, then gets injured, recovers and gets sent out on loan. Joined Stockport on the Monday, Tuesday comes off the bench to play the last 21 minutes and bags himself a goal. Looking at Lee Gregory's performances and chances missed, do you think Jack could have stepped up and scored more in the last 2 games.

Or does Rooney think by letting him go out on loan just for a month will make him a better player, give him more game time. Then call him back to play in some of the last 6 games left in the season. I'm hoping we might have a striker that as emerged from our Academy.  If money is tight in the summer, getting a quality out and out striker will be hard to find.

12 hours ago, Ghost of Clough said:

This season too. He's going to score 10 goals during his 1 month loan. Then he'll be back in the squad after we've won 6 on the bounce. Our good run will continue with him scoring important goals to help us win our remaining 12 games and sneak into 6th on the final day of the season, partly thanks to Boro losing 6-0 to Wycombe and us making it on GD. Stretton's goal scoring form continues into the playoffs as we win the semi-final and final.

Are you on drugs? ?

10 hours ago, plymouthram said:

Do you think letting Jack Stretton go out on loan for a month was a good move. Wayne stated he rates him, he makes the bench, then gets injured, recovers and gets sent out on loan. Joined Stockport on the Monday, Tuesday comes off the bench to play the last 21 minutes and bags himself a goal. Looking at Lee Gregory's performances and chances missed, do you think Jack could have stepped up and scored more in the last 2 games.

Or does Rooney think by letting him go out on loan just for a month will make him a better player, give him more game time. Then call him back to play in some of the last 6 games left in the season. I'm hoping we might have a striker that as emerged from our Academy.  If money is tight in the summer, getting a quality out and out striker will be hard to find.

It makes sense considering we have Kazim, Gregory and Waghorn to (mostly) compete for one position. Consistent game time at Stockport for a month will do him more good than not playing here.
Saying that,  I think Stretton would have been the perfect forward for a game like last night where the CF had acres of space to run into. He's quicker and a better finisher than Gregory.

16 hours ago, plymouthram said:

I think Rooney wants to see how he handles men's football and this is a way to look at that.

Putting him in for us is a risk, and we are already seeing Rooney being quite risk-averse.

Good to see him get his first goal - I still think it’s a mistake loaning him out, even though we’ve not seen enough of him to know if he’s any good yet. We’ve left ourselves with only Kazim-Richards and Gregory as striker options, with the latter so far doing his best impression of Conor Sammon. Not exactly great depth.

I personally think the month's loan will not be extended, I agree with some others comments that Wayne has sent him out on loan to get some game time in mens football compared with the U23s, who I believe have only a few games left in their season. If he does come back after the month loan is up, the Rams will have 6 league games left to play. Providing we are clear in the relegation battle, would be nice to see him on the pitch for at least half a game or more. Would be nice to see us produce an out and out striker from our Academy.