Ivan Toney - Signed for Brentford

inter politics

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, inter politics said:

Apparently the Mirror is the original source but I agree, can't see this one happening.

I had heard they may be interested in Hector-Ingham. And they also love Marriott . Would hate to see him go back as I think he could do great at this level. A straight swap with an add on . Possibly. Can't say i'm fussed myself. 

Highly doubt it. Everything we’ve been linked with are bargain buys. Can’t see us buying anyone that’s worth over 2 mill. It’s gonna be a very interesting window as we’ve got rid of basically everyone.

i can’t imagine him selling anyone else as we wouldn’t have any depth in the team. Think it’ll be free agents and raiding lower leagues/relegated players. 

There is zero chance either club will be spending that sort of money on a single player at this moment in time.

Forest - gambled last season and need to offload players to meet P&S requirements for the upcoming season.
Us - risky spending so much before we have the verdict from the EFL charge.Doubtful we can spend that much either way without a sale of equal value.

This would be an absolutely incredible signing if we were able to pull it off, the bloke has a fantastic reputation as a goalscorer. It’s a trait I’m sure he’d be able to take to any level. Sadly I’m more inclined to believe @Curtains Malone thread than I am an article on HITC. I suspect £5m might be a bit too much to gamble on a player who isn’t really proven at a high level of football yet anyway, even though it looks likely he’ll be able to make the step up.

3 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Looking at his stats . This fella is Blackman pt 2. It's a no from me.

Is he not another 'hanging on the last man's shoulder'/goal-poacher type too (a bit like Marriott), that we're going to struggle to accommodate in a team that wants to play out from the back?

3 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Are we talking about Marriott?

This would be what worries me slightly about spending so much on him. But equally, looking at his stats Toney seems to contribute more in general play than Marriott does, so I don’t think we’d see a repeat necessarily.

Archived