Academy Thread 20/21

Ghost of Clough

1 hour ago, Stuniverse said:

I wonder if Gary Bowyer will look to sign any of our U23 players for Salford City, either on loan or as permanent deals?

If I was a betting man I’d have money on Salford being Cresswells next club in a permanent move as well as one or two others on loans

Edited by Ravabeerbelly

24 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

What’s happening with Foster do you know?

That’s an interesting question, because I’m not sure who is Derby County’s #3 goalkeeper.

Both Idem and Foster had first team squad numbers, and both made the first team bench the occasional time, yet Sykes-Kenworthy made more U23 starts than either of them.

Of the goalkeepers out on loan, Mitchell is out of contract I believe, but I’m not sure about Ravas.

24 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

What’s happening with Foster do you know?

Haven't heard anything official, but I think he has a 'weak ankle'.

He's be my cup keeper for next season to be honest.

Just now, Stuniverse said:

I wondered that when Halwax went on loan to Cabinteely.

I suspected it, but it could easily have been to be closer to home/family during the pandemic.

He was always #2 to Foster in the younger age groups, so it was no surprise that he didn't get a chance with the U23s when we have so many other keepers.

Just now, Stuniverse said:

That’s an interesting question, because I’m not sure who is Derby County’s #3 goalkeeper.

Both Idem and Foster had first team squad numbers, and both made the first team bench the occasional time, yet Sykes-Kenworthy made more U23 starts than either of them.

Of the goalkeepers out on loan, Mitchell is out of contract I believe, but I’m not sure about Ravas.

Idem and Foster seem to be joint 3dd choice. The pair of them along with Roos and Marshall were all part of the extended matchdsy squad. That gave other GKs, further down the pecking order, game time for the U23s.