Academy Thread 20/21

Ghost of Clough

1 hour ago, Spanish said:

Looks like England’s u21 are struggling to qualify.  Noticed there is no Derby player in the squad does that make sense to those in the know?  Or is it just a focus on players linked to EPL teams

I know a lot of them are playing first team premier league football. 

Just now, Ghost of Clough said:

Not something I've looked out for to be honest. It would make sense with him being one of the few 2nd year scholars playing for the U18s on a regular basis

Was hoping to see more of him in the U23s (but only if it was for his development).

15 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Minkley, Cashin, Wassall, Bateman and JBrown need game time too.

Think Solomon certainly looks a better prospect than Wassall, is J Brown a CH? The others have looked okay but nothing special. Teden Mengi is 19 at the end of April, and look where he is now. ?

Edited by RoyMac5

3 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

Is Solomon usually captain @Ghost of Clough?

Max Bardell was the regular U18 captain until he recently moved up to the U23s. I’ve just checked some recent U18 team lineups I bookmarked on Twitter from the Derby County Academy and they don’t usually specify who is captain, although I think Hugo Jinkinson may have taken over from Bardell.

1 minute ago, Stuniverse said:

Max Bardell was the regular U18 captain until he recently moved up to the U23s. I’ve just checked some recent U18 team lineups I bookmarked on Twitter from the Derby County Academy and they don’t usually specify who is captain, although I think Hugo Jinkinson may have taken over from Bardell.

Cheers. 

1 hour ago, RoyMac5 said:

is J Brown a CH?

Jordan Brown is very much a utility player as he can play central midfield, defensive midfield, centre-back, and both full-back roles. In recent weeks, he’s been playing centre-back for the U23s and captaining them as well.