Academy Thread 20/21

Ghost of Clough

4 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

The lineup on that site changed a few times between me posting and now.

I thought Lissah was a defender (RB) which wouldn't make sense if he was starting at DM (according to Soccerway). Considering Clarke has been our DM for the last 5(?) games, scoring twice, I'll be surprised if he isn't there today.

Reece Davies (on the bench) is a new name, leading me to believe it is actually Lissah on the bench instead of him.

Yes, it can be a bit hit and miss in real time but they usually get it right after a while. It took them a few days to correct Lissah on the bench (they originally had E Brown) for the last U18 game.

25 minutes ago, rynny said:

That would be a sensible move for Salford. He's an experienced manager with a decent enough record, probably felt a bit unlucky not to be given the nod as caretaker for our first team. 

It could work out nicely all round, especially if we can get a few of our youngster's some time on loan with manager familiar to them, and aware of what they can offer.

10 hours ago, whiteroseram said:

Apparently Bucko has been back working part time in the academy, and will be stepping up to fill in for Bowyer whilst he's away (sorry if anyone already mentioned this)

He’s been there a couple of months helping out with the U23’s and U18’s