Dine out to help out

Steve How Hard?

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sith Happens
19 hours ago, alexxxxx said:

I wonder if its because they'd rather not declare what their actual sales are.. 

This also seems like a scheme that's massively open to fraudulent claims. 

I wont have that, I am sure all businesses act with absolute integrity, next thing you will be telling me that some employers out there abused the furlough scheme while still expecting employees to work, and some self employed abused the self employed scheme while doing work cash in hand.....i wont have it i tell ya i wont.

2 hours ago, Paul71 said:

I wont have that, I am sure all businesses act with absolute integrity, next thing you will be telling me that some employers out there abused the furlough scheme while still expecting employees to work, and some self employed abused the self employed scheme while doing work cash in hand.....i wont have it i tell ya i wont.

I’m glad you’ve changed your view on us self employed.  ?

Sith Happens
Just now, Boycie said:

I’m glad you’ve changed your view on us self employed.  ?

Im sure most are just fine, but i dont know that many self employed people in my 'circle' but of those I do 2 have being doing cash in hand jobs on the side while claiming. What can I say....i doubt they are the only 2 in the country.

Just now, Paul71 said:

Im sure most are just fine, but i dont know that many self employed people in my 'circle' but of those I do 2 have being doing cash in hand jobs on the side while claiming. What can I say....i doubt they are the only 2 in the country.

The self employment scheme allows you to keep working.  The staff furlough scheme makes you stop working for your employer but you can work for another employer while still claiming.

While still doing cash jobs at weekends for beer money. ?

Sith Happens
14 minutes ago, Boycie said:

The self employment scheme allows you to keep working.  The staff furlough scheme makes you stop working for your employer but you can work for another employer while still claiming.

While still doing cash jobs at weekends for beer money. ?

I wouldnt mind if they were buying me a beer with it. ?

Whilst it's bad news for those employed by chain restaurants, it's been nice to see smaller, independent places packed whilst the generic 'Italian' chain type of places not open.

Perhaps a silver lining to Coivd might be that we see the demise of the private equity owned chains and a boom in the independents/small chains.

It seems that the chains come into towns regardless if there is a demand, which ends up impacting the smaller places. The independent seem to open more where this is genuine demand to open something different, which hopefully impacts existing places less.

I feel the bill for the meals I've had out on this scheme have seemed fair for what we have got. Full price meals often leave me feeling ripped off, which I why we rarely eat out as a family.

We occasionally go to aforementioned chain places if we ever have Tesco vouchers to use. The full bill is often around 80 quid, which is awful for the quality of food received. 

Eating out on this scheme has felt more like the value you get eating out abroad like in Spain or Turkey. I wonder if this scheme could lead to other state support to restaurant longer term, such as reductions in taxes. It seems like a great opportunity to increase demand and could possibly pay for itself.

• 2 weeks later...

Have eaten out maybe 7-8 times now with this deal.

One really nice meal off with my parents at the Coopers - £50 off took £112 to £62.

Dog and Duck in Shardlow this week, three adults meals, A pudding and three drinks all for £18 as not only were they doing eat out/help out, it was 2 for 1 on top. Food OK - amazing value for £18.

Absolutely loved this scheme - well done.

Last chance for us today as scheme ends next monday. But we have used it fairly extensively, trouble is the waistline has crept up again having shrunk due to exercise and not eating out during lockdown.

Best place for us was the Spread Eagle in Rolleston. Today lunch at Merry Monk, then back on diet.

Nipped into Costa coffee on the way to a site visit last week with a colleague.  He asked for 2 coffees in takeaway cups, so we could sit out in the sunshine with our vapes.  She came out 3 minutes later for her fag break, and announced she hadn't realised we were sitting outside.  He could have got half price... and no, she can't alter it now, and reimburse him!  As the world's biggest fan of striking up any discount deals he can, he was gutted, to say the least!

Needless to say, a few hours later, after leaving site, we visited again before the journey back to Derby... I made sure it was my round!  No, No... I insist!  Ha, ha!

Sadly, that is the only saving I have made during this whole August-long promotion.  We haven't eaten out since March, and only had our first takeaway a fortnight ago, when away camping with friends.

I've lost weight!   ?

Final meal out tonight, nice but pricey Tapas made acceptable with half price. Seriously, why is Tapas in this country an expensive luxury!

Think we've ate out a Covid-busting 9 times this August and expect to see lots if clapping in my honour on Thursday night.

I won't be eating out any time soon though. It's poor value for a family of 4 to eat out under normal conditions. This offer just re-enforced it.

Thanks for funding it Rishi. Now, how you gonna pay for it?

12 minutes ago, ariotofmyown said:

Final meal out tonight, nice but pricey Tapas made acceptable with half price. Seriously, why is Tapas in this country an expensive luxury!

Think we've ate out a Covid-busting 9 times this August and expect to see lots if clapping in my honour on Thursday night.

I won't be eating out any time soon though. It's poor value for a family of 4 to eat out under normal conditions. This offer just re-enforced it.

Thanks for funding it Rishi. Now, how you gonna pay for it?

I refuse to eat the stuff, a lot for a little.  It’s almost as it’s a fashion accessory.

Nah m8 I’m alright.

Archived