Dine out to help out

Steve How Hard?

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I tried out kfc on my own yesterday. Purely as a risk assessment before taking the lad you understand.

Over half the restaurant was reserved for takeaway customers and delivery drivers but was completely empty.

Had to join the 3 groups on the other side. Reasonable distancing but surely they understand Monday to Wednesday everyone will eat in. 

Having said that there is nothing to stop you saying you will eat in then walking straight out as everything comes in sealed bags. No trays.

3 minutes ago, sage said:

I tried out kfc on my own yesterday. Purely as a risk assessment before taking the lad you understand.

Over half the restaurant was reserved for takeaway customers and delivery drivers but was completely empty.

Had to join the 3 groups on the other side. Reasonable distancing but surely they understand Monday to Wednesday everyone will eat in. 

Having said that there is nothing to stop you saying you will eat in then walking straight out as everything comes in sealed bags. No trays.

Did you go to one doing the offer of 9 pieces for £3? Think it's usually £6 on Tuesday but half price with the Eat Out to Help Out

23 minutes ago, Srg said:

Did you go to one doing the offer of 9 pieces for £3? Think it's usually £6 on Tuesday but half price with the Eat Out to Help Out

I was very tempted but was coaching afterwards. 

Went to Mowgli’s in Notts last night, 7 dish’s and a couple of drinks between 2 of us, only cost £19! Thank you Mr Sunak ???

2 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

Me and my mates have been going to our local curry house (bring your own booze) since the scheme started. Last night it was £75 for 9 people, which included a tip, rice and naan for everyone and a few soft drinks for the drivers.

Byo restaurants are about 20x better than normal ones.

Well I wanted to support the pub trade and dine out so I duly phoned up and said I wanted to book a table outside. I was told well you can book for inside but not outside. Being as we are in our mid sixties and our friends are seventy eating inside was not a risk worth taking. So that pub didn't get our trade. 

5 minutes ago, Dappled Ram said:

Well I wanted to support the pub trade and dine out so I duly phoned up and said I wanted to book a table outside. I was told well you can book for inside but not outside. Being as we are in our mid sixties and our friends are seventy eating inside was not a risk worth taking. So that pub didn't get our trade. 

That's a bit bizarre. Did they give a specific reason why you couldn't dine outside?

Went into a cafe on Wednesday and when paying asked why the didn’t do the 50% deal.

we don’t need to, we’re busy.

I pointed out it was also to benefit the customers as it had zero effect on the business takings.

They moaned that they’d heard they have to wait a week to get the refund from the gov.  A whole week! Wow, wish I only had to wait a week to get paid for some jobs.

51 minutes ago, Boycie said:

Went into a cafe on Wednesday and when paying asked why the didn’t do the 50% deal.

we don’t need to, we’re busy.

I pointed out it was also to benefit the customers as it had zero effect on the business takings.

They moaned that they’d heard they have to wait a week to get the refund from the gov.  A whole week! Wow, wish I only had to wait a week to get paid for some jobs.

I wonder if its because they'd rather not declare what their actual sales are.. 

This also seems like a scheme that's massively open to fraudulent claims. 

6 hours ago, alexxxxx said:

I wonder if its because they'd rather not declare what their actual sales are.. 

This also seems like a scheme that's massively open to fraudulent claims. 

In a cafe, take cash at full rate, then claim 50% back of the gov.

Unlikely people in a cafe would demand a receipt, and even if they did, print one on a different device than the one your books are based on.

5 hours ago, reverendo de duivel said:

In a cafe, take cash at full rate, then claim 50% back of the gov.

Unlikely people in a cafe would demand a receipt, and even if they did, print one on a different device than the one your books are based on.

Most of it’s via card, hard to fake direct incomings.

Archived