Dine out to help out

Steve How Hard?

Anyone else taking advantage of this government offer? I thought since we'll ultimately end up paying then it would be stupid to not join the party so I booked me and the missus in somewhere on Tuesday. Thought I'd get some brownie points by doing so without checking with her first. All I got was "Why Tuesday?" 

"Well darling you watch Emmerdale and Corrie on Mon and Weds." was my reply. 

We can't win I tell thee. Try and do something remotely nice and all I get is terse questioning. 

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 minutes ago, Steve How Hard? said:

Anyone else taking advantage of this government offer? I thought since we'll ultimately end up paying then it would be stupid to not join the party so I booked me and the missus in somewhere on Tuesday. Thought I'd get some brownie points by doing so without checking with her first. All I got was "Why Tuesday?" 

We can't win I tell thee. Try and do something remotely nice and all I get is terse questioning. 

Share your pain brother ?

4 hours ago, Cisse said:

What kind of offer your government has given to you? 

If you dine out on a Monday, Tuesday or Wednesday in August at participating restaurants then you get 50% of bill paid for, up to a maximum of £10 per person. This only includes the food though and not any alcohol consumed. Basically, you can eat £40 worth of food per couple and it will only cost you £20. That's how I understand it. Happy to be corrected if that's not the case. 

3 hours ago, Steve How Hard? said:

If you dine out on a Monday, Tuesday or Wednesday in August at participating restaurants then you get 50% of bill paid for, up to a maximum of £10 per person. This only includes the food though and not any alcohol consumed. Basically, you can eat £40 worth of food per couple and it will only cost you £20. That's how I understand it. Happy to be corrected if that's not the case. 

Yes and non alcoholic drinks are included too so if they are part of your £40 bill for two, you still get it for £20.

11 hours ago, Steve How Hard? said:

In Spoons mate, 2 large breakfasts unlimited tea and coffee,6 quid.

Does seem a bit strange that if I go into a sandwich shop, masked up as per the law, then take away two sandwiches and a coke, that's a tenner. 

If I had chosen to walk in with no mask, eat in, chat, use the toilet and leave, the same order would have cost a fiver. 

I'm not giving Wetherspoons my money after what they did to their staff.

Supporting my local restaurants/pubs, they need the money more than the big chains. I went in the Brunswick the other week and the staff were excellent.

28 minutes ago, reverendo de duivel said:

It's Eat out to help out, not Dine out to help out.

Lack of female representation in the cabinet showing itself in government slogans now.

Yeah I realised this earlier today but thought I'd got away it. I'm more than capable of making a fool of myself without your help thanks. ?

Archived