Who will be our first signing

Jimbo Ram

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 02/08/2020 at 17:47, G STAR RAM said:

Dont have a specific name in mind here so maybe someone could help me out.

With Wigan and, supposedly, Charlton in financial trouble should we be looking at some of their players.

I'm no good with names but seem to remember Wigan having a decent winger and Charlton having a decent midfielder.

You must be on Derby’s recruitment team!

On 03/08/2020 at 07:49, Dimmu said:

When someone as good as him comes available, I'd be ready to pay a bit. Not much, though.

So, is he available or not?

Realistically what sort of quality is Bundesliga 2 compared to the championship? 

I suppose whatever the division anyone who scores 33 goals in 35 appearances has to have something about them, but how many goals would you expect from him in this this league?

2 minutes ago, Coconut said:

Realistically what sort of quality is Bundesliga 2? I suppose whatever the division anyone who scores 33 goals in 35 appearances has to have something about them!

But this season it's only 4 in 25 so- yep - sign him up!

14 minutes ago, Carnero said:

Is it Martin Offiah?

Think Rowett has signed him already.

To be honest I dont know the names of many of our opponents basically because I dont care!

From time to time though a performance will stick in the memory.

Dont remember too many outstanding performances pre lockdown.

19 minutes ago, Wolfie20 said:

But this season it's only 4 in 25 so- yep - sign him up!

In the league above. There's a fine tradition of players scoring for fun in the second tier but scoring low numbers in the top League.

Having had a quick look at his goals they all just seem to be typical poachers goals and unmarked headers.

4 hours ago, Coconut said:

Realistically what sort of quality is Bundesliga 2 compared to the championship? 

I suppose whatever the division anyone who scores 33 goals in 35 appearances has to have something about them, but how many goals would you expect from him in this this league?

He should be available. I know that there was bunch of English teams after him January, but only Forest and Blackburn were named. He is likely to leave as he is not the first choice anymore and for a big lad like him, it's darn hard to be a impact sub. I don't think there is any doubt about his ablity, after all there was some support he should be given chance in national team just season or two go.

Bundesliga 2 is a bit weaker than Championship IMO. Top teams should fight evenly for places in playoffs but the other end of the table is not as strong as it's in Championship.

I'll throw in his stats from the last 6 seasons:

BuLi 1:  2922 mins (about 32,5 games),  10 G 2 A.  So 1/3. Not bad at all.

BuLi 2:  7898 mins (about 88 games), 79 G 12 A.  Insane statistics!

As usual, problem might be the wages but he is as classy number 9 as there is. Would love us to go for him, but it's hard to guess how many he'd score. Most likely not much as it's hard to score when you've done your ACL in the second game.

Archived