Scottish football thread 20/21

RadioactiveWaste

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As tomorrow is the first Old Firm Derby of the season but all the pubs in Glasgow are shut, fans have been urged not to travel to Carlisle or Blackpool to watch the match, fight each other and spread the corona.

I must, therefore, advise anyone reading this to not visit Carlisle or blackpool to avoid hoards of violent corona riddled celtic and rangers fans punching each other with coronavirus.

2 hours ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

As tomorrow is the first Old Firm Derby of the season but all the pubs in Glasgow are shut, fans have been urged not to travel to Carlisle or Blackpool to watch the match, fight each other and spread the corona.

I must, therefore, advise anyone reading this to not visit Carlisle or blackpool to avoid hoards of violent corona riddled celtic and rangers fans punching each other with coronavirus.

I think the Blackpool stuff is a red herring, but I was reading about all the scousers heading up there to watch the Derby which is on at the same time as the Old Firm. 

Blackpool might be chaos tomorrow. 

On 16/10/2020 at 21:58, RadioactiveWaste said:

Probably have a nice quiet day in Haghill...

Deserved win for Rangers. Celtic look like a team of strangers. 

Personally, there are 2 games v the Jungle Jim's in the next 2 weeks for the Dons. I'd sacrifice the league game next Sunday for a win in the Semi's of the cup. 

Duffy and the Greek keeper look like bomb scares. 

29 minutes ago, CWC1983 said:

Deserved win for Rangers. Celtic look like a team of strangers. 

Personally, there are 2 games v the Jungle Jim's in the next 2 weeks for the Dons. I'd sacrifice the league game next Sunday for a win in the Semi's of the cup. 

Duffy and the Greek keeper look like bomb scares. 

Celtic were terrible but I was very impressed with the football Rangers played and Morelos managed to stay on the pitch for the whole game! I don't know what the Rangers fans make of Gerrard but from the outside looking in he seems to be doing a great job with them.

11 minutes ago, Carnero said:

Celtic were terrible but I was very impressed with the football Rangers played and Morelos managed to stay on the pitch for the whole game! I don't know what the Rangers fans make of Gerrard but from the outside looking in he seems to be doing a great job with them.

He's got them playing in a system that's been in the making for 2 seasons, so fair play to him. If Kent gets injured they are screwed. 

Celtic.... they missed Christie and Eduarde due to covid, but they have struggled all season. 

Their model of buying £2m players and hoping they can sell them on might have caught up on them. 

12 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

Weird thing is, whichever team wins, their fans immediatly make me wish the other had won.

I watch it to see 10 yellows, 5 reds, pitch invasions, 3-3 finish and both clubs to be kicked into England......?     

Same as every game this year, it misses the fans. ☹

9 hours ago, CWC1983 said:

I watch it to see 10 yellows, 5 reds, pitch invasions, 3-3 finish and both clubs to be kicked into England......?     

Same as every game this year, it misses the fans. ☹

Personally I think it should've been switched to a covid safe venue like Rockall where they could also self isolate for 12-14 hundred years.

On 18/10/2020 at 10:30, RadioactiveWaste said:

Personally I think it should've been switched to a covid safe venue like Rockall where they could also self isolate for 12-14 hundred years.

Given the amount of flat land, high wind speeds and difficulties of return travel, the choice of linesman might be an opportunity too.

• 2 weeks later...

Ross County are allowed fans into the stadium this weekend. 300 to start with v Livingston. 

Tier 0 and 1 in Scotland covids restrictions allow fans at sporting events and the Highlands are currently in tier 1. 

Hopefully the Highland league starts this month with fans allowed as well. 

Archived