DCFC Player of the Season is...Matt Clarke

sage

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

Lol. The fact that he runs around lots didn't make him any more effective - he still can't trap a bag of cement and takes at least twice the number of attempts to score as Martin did. ? I'm hoping that as we have no cash we put Marriott up front instead.

Wasn’t a direct comparison with Martin as to who should be player of the season just an observation as to why I could understand someone could pick him as their player of the season based on all round input and attitude, to be honest I’m not sure who I would see as player of the year as it’s been such a disjointed season 

12 minutes ago, Archied said:

...to be honest I’m not sure who I would see as player of the year as it’s been such a disjointed season 

Yep, but I suppose Clarke has at least managed to see out a whole season (mostly) relatively well. 

4 hours ago, Tyler Durden said:

He needs to start consulting with Rooney about having his head thatched

We single out Rooney for that but seriously, look at the head of pretty much every 'celebrity' between 35-50 on TV and it's amazing how their hairline seems to have stopped receding and their teeth have developed a healthy sheen 

On 01/08/2020 at 06:37, Archied said:

Not sure it’s just goals , waghorn has played centre forward  ( his preferred position) and wide right because we needed him there so he’s a valid choice for anybody who sees him as player of the year , grafts his nuts off and just gets on with it for the manger and the team, goals too

There’s player of the season which is all about strong consistent performance..  but in a sense there ought to be another award for “team“ player of the season - Waggy certainly deserves the second one. Never a moan, always a smile, always effort, plays where he’s asked .. just gets on with it. 

2 hours ago, jono said:

There’s player of the season which is all about strong consistent performance..  but in a sense there ought to be another award for “team“ player of the season - Waggy certainly deserves the second one. Never a moan, always a smile, always effort, plays where he’s asked .. just gets on with it. 

I remember winning Clubman of the Season back when I played youth football because I turned up every week despite the fact I never made it off the bench. 

Sith Happens
1 minute ago, G STAR RAM said:

Hi Ikechi, have you found a new club yet?

he said never made it off the bench, not never made it on to the bench silly.

Archived