DCFC Player of the Season is...Matt Clarke

sage

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, sage said:

How silly would it have to be for them to ignore the vote?

Who would you include as an acceptable option? 

I could accept any of the following: Clarke, Rooney, Bird, Waghorn, Holmes, Lawrence and maybe Martin. I don’t think there’s another viable option. Player of the season is a bit generous as most have only played in half of the games. 

I totally missed out Holmes, who was my runaway winner until the lockdown. Clarke, Bird or Martin all have strong cases. 

If it’s any of them four then I won’t grumble. Holmes arguably losses out due to recency bias, but there’s not been much between them. I don’t think any player has really be outstanding other than Sibley who hasn’t played enough. 

34 minutes ago, Andicis said:

Really? He's been okay, but he should be nowhere near player of the season for me. 

One of the very few who have been available all season. By default he’s up there. Add to that he’s out top goal scorer and one of the first name son the team sheet and I have no problem with him being player of the year.

He’s not my personal choice but he’s defiantly been one of our best players this season. 

8 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

One of the very few who have been available all season. By default he’s up there. Add to that he’s out top goal scorer and one of the first name son the team sheet and I have no problem with him being player of the year.

He’s not my personal choice but he’s defiantly been one of our best players this season. 

Doesn't Martin have the same number of goals as Waghorn? I don't know, he's played all season but he's never been more than decent. I don't think he should be up there really. I'd have an issue if it went to him.

2 hours ago, Ghost of Clough said:

I’d be happy with Waghorn purely because he genuinely seems like a really nice blokel

Archived