Newcastle United Takeover Off.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I really don’t understand the sympathy Newcastle fans are getting. Ok Mike Ashley has his faults but they just finished 13th in the Premier League, they are hardly suffering. 

Bolton, Bury, Wigan, Hull, Coventry...these are the clubs who have fans that need sympathy, not a club in the Premier League that throw their toys out as they think they should be up there with Liverpool, City and United 

21 minutes ago, David said:

I really don’t understand the sympathy Newcastle fans are getting. Ok Mike Ashley has his faults but they just finished 13th in the Premier League, they are hardly suffering. 

Bolton, Bury, Wigan, Hull, Coventry...these are the clubs who have fans that need sympathy, not a club in the Premier League that throw their toys out as they think they should be up there with Liverpool, City and United 

Newcastle and West Ham are my personal favourites. Suppose at least West Ham have a consistent fan base .  Newcastle in 1991-92 were awful, when they were struggling they had 13k in the ground at one point. Had about 17k against us thanks to us bringing about 3k. Toon army, Best fan's in the world- my arse.

2 hours ago, David said:

You'd think Newcastle fans would be used to it. To be able to remember their last league title, you'd also be able to remember the rise of Hitler, the invention of television, the Wall Street Crash and 4 different UK monarchs. You would have fought in World War 2 and collected your pension in the 1980s.

25 minutes ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

You'd think Newcastle fans would be used to it. To be able to remember their last league title, you'd also be able to remember the rise of Hitler, the invention of television, the Wall Street Crash and 4 different UK monarchs. You would have fought in World War 2 and collected your pension in the 1980s.

And have been on first name terms with "Wor Jackie" Millburn.....

I read a snippet from a Newcastle fan saying that they were in mourning and next season may as well not happen, keep the fans away, a very very sad day in their history. I thought someone had died so I did a bit more digging and found it was all about the loss of the dream to be 6 x richer than Man City. Quite funny really 

Sith Happens

The likes of Newcastle fans piss me off when they say they deserve better   like Arsenal not winning owt, deserve better, Liverpool fans getting what they deserve. 

its rubbish,  no one deserves anything,  they should think themselves lucky they have a club to watch at a high level,  lots of loyal fans don't,  pretty sure bury fans would love Mike Ashley in charge keeping their head above water. 

11 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

The likes of Newcastle fans piss me off when they say they deserve better   like Arsenal not winning owt, deserve better, Liverpool fans getting what they deserve. 

its rubbish,  no one deserves anything,  they should think themselves lucky they have a club to watch at a high level,  lots of loyal fans don't,  pretty sure bury fans would love Mike Ashley in charge keeping their head above water. 

He should put his money into Shirebrook fc. Isn't that where his big warehouse is?

Makes no odds to me as a Rams fan, however I think is has the stench of The Premier League and Europe’s biggest clubs having an influence in this. 
Could you imagine a club like Newcastle buying some of the worlds best talents and having success beyond the Manchester clubs, Liverpool, any London clubs not to mention the Barcelona’s,Real Madrid’s and PSG’s of this world.
That will no doubt have been met with some fear from all mentioned. 
Another English club potentially sitting at the top table within the next 4-5 years, just wasn’t sitting well with the “so called elite” at all. 
I hoped this would happen just so the Premier league trophy remains north of Watford Gap for the foreseeable. 

Sith Happens
15 minutes ago, Ted McMinn Football Genius said:

Makes no odds to me as a Rams fan, however I think is has the stench of The Premier League and Europe’s biggest clubs having an influence in this. 
Could you imagine a club like Newcastle buying some of the worlds best talents and having success beyond the Manchester clubs, Liverpool, any London clubs not to mention the Barcelona’s,Real Madrid’s and PSG’s of this world.
Another English club potentially sitting at the top table within the next 4-5 years, just wasn’t sitting well with the “so called elite” at all. 
I hoped this would happen just so the Premier league trophy remains north of Watford Gap for the foreseeable. 

I dont think City could have cause to complain considering its exactly what they did. Also rans until a rich sugar daddy input billions.

24 minutes ago, Ted McMinn Football Genius said:

More to do with piracy, Saudi Arabia ignoring international privacy laws 

16 hours ago, David said:

While I don't nessecarily have sympathy for the fans in this instance I think their upturn in form came with the news of the takeover. Players playing to stay in a team expected to have Man City level money this summer and Bruce trying to prove he would be capable of leading the team still. 

Off the back of this it's likely they might have to sell some of their better players as Mike 'Cashley' isn't known for putting money into the club. 

1 minute ago, RamLad1884 said:

While I don't nessecarily have sympathy for the fans in this instance I think their upturn in form came with the news of the takeover. Players playing to stay in a team expected to have Man City level money this summer and Bruce trying to prove he would be capable of leading the team still. 

Off the back of this it's likely they might have to sell some of their better players as Mike 'Cashley' isn't known for putting money into the club. 

If they had Man City levels of money a large number of those players would have been moved on wouldn’t they? 

Bruce is no fool he would also have known his time was up. 

Even if this was true, what does it say about the players? They all signed under the Ashley regime yet only started playing once he was nearing the exit

19 hours ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

There are no fans more deluded about their standing in the game than Newcastle fans. They have a big stadium, that's it. 

Leeds fans?

12 hours too late to point that out. Shouldn’t need pointing out though!

Archived