Mirko Maric - joined Monza

inter politics

6 hours ago, IlsonDerby said:

Playing in front of a huge crowd every other week, challenging at the top end of the table. Provides a big platform to impress premier league teams.

Big Virgil is a great example of the SPL being a great shop window for the Prem. 

won’t improve you as a player.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 minutes ago, IlsonDerby said:

The best supported league in the world per capita. 

Ranked 41st best league in the world on all factors I seem to recall. Think the Championship was ranked in the top 20. If the 3 or 4,000 that turn up at Hamilton, Lovingstone and St Johnstone etc etc enjoy themselves fair play to them ?

7 hours ago, IlsonDerby said:

Playing in front of a huge crowd every other week, challenging at the top end of the table. Provides a big platform to impress premier league teams.

Big Virgil is a great example of the SPL being a great shop window for the Prem. 

Wanyama, Armstrong, Boruc, Petrov, Di Canio, Viduka, Forster all followed that route. 

Rangers buying strategy over the last 10 years has been abysmal. Only Morelos and perhaps Goldson would be an option for EPL clubs. 

1 hour ago, Animal is a Ram said:

Not to be disparaging about the quality of the Croatian League, but for a nation that seems to do pretty well on the international stage, their league isn't particularly well known for quality...

But on historical Derby Croats... sign him up. 

Their best players use to leave at 24/25, then it was 21/22...now the really good players are leaving at 18/19.  

1 hour ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

This is the bit of the closed season I love, where supposed targets drop 1 by 1.

I'm more the merrier kind of guy. Hopefully, we'll be linked with another dozen of players!

2 hours ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

This is the bit of the closed season I love, where supposed targets drop 1 by 1.

Silvio Berlusconi’s Monza have celebrated their promotion to Serie B by signing Croatia international Mirko Maric from NK Osijek.

The 25-year-old was flown over from Croatia by Berlusconi’s private jet this morning.

Beats a helicopter ride! Although I don't think we do even that anymore? ?

41 minutes ago, S8TY said:

eeeek just hope we wasn't in for him as would be worrying if we are missing out on targets to a serie B team no one has ever heard of.... yikes!

like you say worrying. my worry is while we wait for the EFL to make their mind up our targets are/will just slip away ? 

Archived