Mirko Maric - joined Monza

inter politics

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 minutes ago, Topram said:

After Birmingham game 

I know he ruled out early signings but that doesnt mean any interest early in the window isnt true, im sure even during lockdown we would have started to target players and speaking to clubs/agents for the past couple of weeks, interest will be early doesnt mean the signings will be. Id be concerned if we hadnt started registering our interest in players by now.

Surely we can’t commit to any deals until the mighty EFL have announced their decision. We will be appealing against any draconian penalty, so that may take us beyond the window. We may end up with a transfer embargo who knows ?

I trust Mel to sort it legally, but it could put a major handbrake on any squad remodelling.

11 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

I know he ruled out early signings but that doesnt mean any interest early in the window isnt true,

Plus things tend to change pretty quickly in the transfer window, what may have been true when Cocu said it doesn't have to still be true. 

56 minutes ago, hintonsboots said:

Surely we can’t commit to any deals until the mighty EFL have announced their decision. We will be appealing against any draconian penalty, so that may take us beyond the window. We may end up with a transfer embargo who knows ?

I trust Mel to sort it legally, but it could put a major handbrake on any squad remodelling.

Surely we have no restrictions as of now so perhaps we should hurry and get on with it. 

14 hours ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Why would any player choose to play at that level ? Beyond me....

Playing in front of a huge crowd every other week, challenging at the top end of the table. Provides a big platform to impress premier league teams.

Big Virgil is a great example of the SPL being a great shop window for the Prem. 

12 minutes ago, IlsonDerby said:

Playing in front of a huge crowd every other week, challenging at the top end of the table. Provides a big platform to impress premier league teams.

Big Virgil is a great example of the SPL being a great shop window for the Prem. 

Guessing, but probably helps when Celtic are Champions League. Rangers aren't.

42 minutes ago, Bubbles said:

https://totalfootballanalysis.com/player-analysis/mirko-maric-2019-20-scout-report-tactical-analysis-tactics

Weak in the air but good at finding attacking options plus an eye for goal. could be a good replacement for our king who hasn’t signed the contract.

this sentence took my eye.....

"There was a lot of talk in the summer that the Championship sides Nottingham Forrest and Birmingham City had made a bid for him, but Osijek rejected it. This summer, he could depart to a better league."

Archived