20/21 Notts Bottlers Thread

David

18 minutes ago, Red_Dawn said:

He's gonna have to get in line, poor Captain Keogh is first up. 

Disgusting what you tried to do to him.. He was just a victim in all this don't you know. 

As an "outsider" what are your thoughts on his case?

28 minutes ago, richinspain said:

As an "outsider" what are your thoughts on his case?

Ultimately if he had any class whatsoever, he would have walked away.

He was the club captain, and jumped into a car pissed up, knowing the young, inexperienced drivers were also three sheets to the wind. To try and claw back money at such a time for club, when you're in financial trouble, shows he doesn't really care. 

The issue is you sacked him but not Bennett and Lawrence - who ultimately were the real culprits. All three should have gone. 

11 minutes ago, Red_Dawn said:

He was the club captain, and jumped into a car pissed up, knowing the young, inexperienced drivers were also three sheets to the wind. To try and claw back money at such a time for club, when you're in financial trouble, shows he doesn't really care. 

The issue is you sacked him but not Bennett and Lawrence - who ultimately were the real culprits. All three should have gone. 

Absolutely correct, of course no way to prove it but i think had the players behind the wheel been Anya and Jozefoon then I believe they would have been sacked.

https://uk.newschant.com/sports/potential-Derby-county-buyers-are-walking-away-after-discovering-debts-of-more-than-60million/

I know there’ll be a thread in others parts of the forum. But you really are in deep sh%t aren’t you?

31 minutes ago, Red_Dawn said:

18 minutes ago, MrPlinkett said:

Absolutely correct, of course no way to prove it but i think had the players behind the wheel been Anya and Jozefoon then I believe they would have been sacked.

Quoted both posts because I think you're both correct. Lawrence was the "problem". Writing off £5 million (DCFC book value ?) was simply out of the question. I personally think that the right decision was taken, and even though we may end up paying his wages in full, any saving would have come in more than useful.

4 minutes ago, Red_Dawn said:

https://uk.newschant.com/sports/potential-Derby-county-buyers-are-walking-away-after-discovering-debts-of-more-than-60million/

I know there’ll be a thread in others parts of the forum. But you really are in deep sh%t aren’t you?

I'd say we're design need of a dodgy Greek businessman who already owns a club to bale us out. Any ideas where we can find one?

11 minutes ago, richinspain said:

Quoted both posts because I think you're both correct. Lawrence was the "problem". Writing off £5 million (DCFC book value ?) was simply out of the question. I personally think that the right decision was taken, and even though we may end up paying his wages in full, any saving would have come in more than useful.

Yep, as a fan its easy for me to have a non finance based decision making process, im sure if i had been Mel i would have done the same.

13 hours ago, eezzeetiger said:

Not ALL - (but you have to admit the "Foody Fans" were quite keen...

courtesy of cut and paste

--------------------------------------------------------------

Just been reading about this on Facebook...

Won't get my hopes up but looks a lot more realistic than the other fantasists who were "trying" to buy us.

I cant see this being anymore dodgy than the fake sheik and his vanishing millions

At the tender age of 29, he could become one of the youngest chairmen in the top four divisions after the guy at Sunderland. 

Alonso in pole position to buy the rams.

This Alonso chap seems to be a boxing promoter in Madrid. 

So we at least have greater certainty over his personal wealth compared to old Shakey... 

Why all the bad comments about Alonso , just because he was part of sheff wed and tried to take them over on the cheap but got knocked back by chansri doesnt mean anything . Is there more to it than this or something else other than that as for me I welcome it at the moment . The arabs had failed twice before and I can see a reason for not wanting them but Alonso why the hate plz ???? 

https://neweraglobalsports.com/

This shows legitimacy to me

Can anyone confirm why Alonso is being written off as a conman? He didnt have anything to do with position Sheff weds are in, that happened long before he joined them and from what I can see he left because he wanted a british managet and Chansiri wanted a foreign manager, which is ironic given he ended up bringing in Darren Moore

Alan Biggs was on Radio Derby a week or so back and said that Alonso certainly seemed pretty switched on footballing wise and left due to clashing with Chansiri's other advisor. Apparently he'd lined up Paul Cook for the Sheff Wed job.

Some Spanish players coming in would be nice.

isn’t Ramos thinking of leaving R.Madrid? 

Hopefully this lot turn out to be legitimate buyers, and not just another load of time wasters...

Takeover complete according to SSN subject to EFL approval.

No Limits Sports Ltd - Eric Alonso

Finally.  Let's hope they are willing to invest some money into the team as we definitely need it no matter what division we are in. 

Derby County Football Club wishes to confirm that a definitive agreement to purchase the club has been reached with No Limits Sports Limited, subject to EFL approval.

Woohoo, the sky's the limit!

It might not have worked out the way he or us as fans would have wanted but i just want to thank Mel for his efforts while he was owner of the club. Hopefully this move is a good one and it brings a bit more stability to the club. COYR

give it a chance I say 

I’ve nothing against Spanish owners, as long as they don’t make us eat that Spanish food in the concourse.  It’s all fish heads chicken and rabbit bones and sea shells, with a few sticklebacks for starters.

This doesn't have to be bad news. We'll know more once those providing the wonga to fund this step out of the shadows - as they are bound to do.

I'm going glass half full on this and hoping for the best

Looking forward to some decent churros and hot chocolate before the game.

Just wait it out and go along with the ride. More concerned that Morris will still be around tbh.

Totally agree lets see how this play out

That said lets hope they have deep pockets we need to invest in at least 7/8 new players next season if we have any hope of going anywhere in this division assuming we are still playing in this division and get rid of the ramell we have 

This is already more promising than the Sheik. At least they understand some communication with the fans might be sensible from time to time.

Well I’d love some tapas stands and some decent red wine. Steaming Paella on a rainy Wednesday night worth a try. Whatever your Brexit position, European food makes plastic American franchise stuff look distinctly none league. Bring on the patatas bravas

So much to be excited about...

The only thing I will say is that I personally would have less potential problem with a member of VOX than a member of a Middle Eastern ruling family member.

Has someone from the One Team In Bristol FFP cartel taken you hostage and forced you to do this to get on the forum. Press 'Y' if you need help.

11 hours ago, Red_Dawn said:

I doubt it mate. Remember this is the guy who banned me for years for having the audacity to poke fun during a forum outage, and welched on a bet that users spent years trying to get me to do. 

Where is he anyway? Every week he’d be posting a laughing chimp when we were poo.

Where’s the laughing chimp now?

He went down in my estimation when not following through on the avatar bet...poor form

8 hours ago, Red_Dawn said:

This

8 hours ago, MrPlinkett said:

May I ask why you say that.  And those two in particular?  Are you saying they were crap, but Lawrence and Bennett not so?  

13 hours ago, Red_Dawn said:

Yer this is what a lot of posters on here can't get their heads around - Keogh was seen as expendable as it wasn't even clear whether he would play football again so was sacked whilst the other 2 who were just as much involved in the incident weren't as Lawrence especially was a saleable asset.

Another example of a crap decision from Morris which has bit him on the arse. I'm not decrying that the players shouldn't have put him in that position but you have to manage properly what's flung up in front of you and again he didn't.

14 hours ago, Mucker1884 said:

May I ask why you say that.  And those two in particular?  Are you saying they were crap, but Lawrence and Bennett not so?  

Well yes. Of course ?

I think had it been bennett and one other they would have got sacked, bennett was probably saved because of lawrences value.

Lets use the term 'less crap' though.

On 15/05/2021 at 23:38, Tyler Durden said:

Yer this is what a lot of posters on here can't get their heads around - Keogh was seen as expendable as it wasn't even clear whether he would play football again so was sacked whilst the other 2 who were just as much involved in the incident weren't as Lawrence especially was a saleable asset.

Another example of a crap decision from Morris which has bit him on the arse. I'm not decrying that the players shouldn't have put him in that position but you have to manage properly what's flung up in front of you and again he didn't.

Its more likely that a lot of posters on here don't know exactly what happened and why the decisions were taken. Perhaps you have insider information that we're not privy to.

11 hours ago, uttoxram75 said:

Its more likely that a lot of posters on here don't know exactly what happened and why the decisions were taken. Perhaps you have insider information that we're not privy to.

Totally lost me by your comment. I don't have any privy information so not even sure why you've made that aspersion, my observation was based purely on the comments I've read on the Keogh forum.

If Morris and other posters can't see that the decision to single out one person for one level of discipline whilst 2 others got away with far lighter sanctions was uneven, inconsistent and probably unfair - which has been supported in the final outcome - then that's something I can't help them with.  Regardless of privy knowledge.

• 2 weeks later...
36 minutes ago, eezzeetiger said:

https://www.nottinghamforest.co.uk/news/2021/may/Forest-Academy-Secures-Category-1-Status-For-2021-22-Season/

Can i assume we have taken your place?

You won't need it, and you haven't used it...

I assume the category 1 relates to some sort of maximum security facility