20/21 Notts Bottlers Thread

Day

1 hour ago, Derbados said:

@Red_Dawn genuine question and no p*** taking intended (glass houses, stones etc) 

Was the aim of this season promotion one way or another?, a *** or bust season? 

ive just looked at your entire squad and it’s huge, I’ve never seen anything like it. 

what’s the general consensus around Forest and FFP if you don’t go up this season? 

I’d imagine Forest will be saved by the changing on FFP rules this year due to Covid. Without Covid it would mostly likely have been Armageddon over there, they had a huge squad and bloated it and the wage bull even higher in the summer. 

@Red_Dawn genuine question and no p*** taking intended (glass houses, stones etc) 

ive just looked at your entire squad and it’s huge, I’ve never seen anything like it. 

what’s the general consensus around Forest and FFP if you don’t go up this season? 

This must have been their last roll of the dice.

Same applies to Stoke, Swansea, Cardiff and Reading. Sheff Weds will be a bit tight.

Well didn’t they sack the last incumbent for not getting into the top 6 ? Or has the rules changed now ?

I do think given a fair amount of money their current manager would get them to the top 6 eventually but it would be painful to watch from any supporters - don’t they have enough first teamers for 2 or 3 sides and the wage bill must be crippling whilst they seem to be running out of players to sell for vastly inflated prices - which is one thing we can categorically say they have managed to do better than us as well as finishing outside of the top 6 

15 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

This must have been their last roll of the dice.

Same applies to Stoke, Swansea, Cardiff and Reading. Sheff Weds will be a bit tight.

None of those look likely to get past this years premiership failures - oh the joys of parachute payments 

19 minutes ago, QuitYourJibbaJivin said:

I’d imagine Forest will be saved by the changing on FFP rules this year due to Covid. Without Covid it would mostly likely have been Armageddon over there, they had a huge squad and bloated it and the wage bull even higher in the summer. 

Not overly sure how this works but I'd assume you get credit for the difference in income between what you bring in and what you would have, then the remainder is looked at.  Can't imagine any club will be allowed to just totally wave the FFP entirely. 

For all there protestation and teeth gnashing, I imagine the club most in bother might be Bristol City. Wage bill was over 33 million last season and has increased again this year.  Bournemouth and Stoke will be stressing a bit as well if there still in this league next season.  

1 hour ago, Sparkle said:

None of those look likely to get past this years premiership failures - oh the joys of parachute payments 

Swansea are 5 points behind Norwich with 2 games in hand. 1 point behind Swansea. Hard to see them not going up this season.

1 hour ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Not overly sure how this works but I'd assume you get credit for the difference in income between what you bring in and what you would have, then the remainder is looked at.  Can't imagine any club will be allowed to just totally wave the FFP entirely. 

For all there protestation and teeth gnashing, I imagine the club most in bother might be Bristol City. Wage bill was over 33 million last season and has increased again this year.  Bournemouth and Stoke will be stressing a bit as well if there still in this league next season.  

4 years are taken into account now. 

(T +T-1)/2 + T-2 + T-3 must not exceed £39m

Current season = T

Previous season = T-1

2 seasons ago = T-2

3 seasons ago = T-3

Bristol will be fine for this season based on past profits on player sales.

4 hours ago, Derbados said:

I’d be very surprised if they went up this season to be honest.

However next season with their squad they must have a really good chance of finishing in the top six at the very least. Although they’ll have some tough competition with the likes of Hull, Portsmouth, Lincoln, Sunderland & Doncaster, I still think they can do it.

5 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

For those questioning the size of forest's squad, remember, twelve one out of twelve players adds up to one twelve out of twelve player.

Forest maths, it's easy when you have enough fingers.

^^^THIS^^^

... Doesn't make any sense what so ever!   ?‍♂️

7 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

... Doesn't make any sense what so ever!   ?‍♂️

Because forest maths only makes sense if you're forest's recruitment dept.

But I have it on good authority (#itk-i made it up) that they are cretain adding up many crap players gives the same mathematical result as few good players. It's the only explanation I have. It'd be hilarious if they bought all those players because they thought they were good.

Edited by RadioactiveWaste

I think that they will be very disappointed with this season, however their start mirrored the collapse at the back end of last season. 
With Hughton though they have a good manager and I’d expect them to be challenging at the top end of the division next season. 
Hopefully we will do the same. 

On 18/02/2021 at 09:27, Derbados said:

Honestly, and this sounds like a cop-out, but I have absolutely no idea. 

I thought we might have been in trouble last year, but seems we find a young player each season to sell on for a significant profit. Obviously last year Cash went for about 15m, and he's proven to be worth that and much more this year for Villa. 

20 hours ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

Because forest maths only makes sense if you're forest's recruitment dept.

But I have it on good authority (#itk-i made it up) that they are cretain adding up many crap players gives the same mathematical result as few good players. It's the only explanation I have. It'd be hilarious if they bought all those players because they thought they were good.

No 'a' in cretin

On 18/02/2021 at 15:43, David said:

Forest will be fine with FFP, will sell one of their rejects to Olympiacos for £15m 

Or Matty Cash for £16M

Have you ever sold a player for that much?

I don't think so.. so you need to look at your "prem" academy!!

We got £7M for Ben Brereton a few years ..duck knows how, he's gash