20/21 Notts Bottlers Thread

Day

8 hours ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

image.png.1c277cf930e6d9927582cf6120edcff3.png

Interesting book out from Nicholas.

Could it be about how he scored 50% of his goals at Forest for Derby.   

Didn’t he hit the bar for us in the same game? I seem to remember looking up stats during the game of whether anyone’s ever scored a hat Rick of own goals in a game. 

Edited by TigerTedd

I just looked at your recent fixtures, and despite the past two losses (and the cup result), you've not been doing all that bad at all. 

I don't think Rooney will have what it takes to make a good manager, but surely you've got enough to avoid the drop, at least. 

For us, CH is a seasoned pro, arguably one of the best at this level. We'll be fine.

3 minutes ago, Red_Dawn said:

I just looked at your recent fixtures, and despite the past two losses (and the cup result), you've not been doing all that bad at all. 

I don't think Rooney will have what it takes to make a good manager, but surely you've got enough to avoid the drop, at least. 

For us, CH is a seasoned pro, arguably one of the best at this level. We'll be fine.

Virtually all of our senior players were on the pitch today. Everyone on the bench is untested youth - squad is so threadbare and we are still selling a few more. If no-one new comes into this team we definitely don't have enough to stay up. 

6 minutes ago, GenBr said:

Virtually all of our senior players were on the pitch today. Everyone on the bench is untested youth - squad is so threadbare and we are still selling a few more. If no-one new comes into this team we definitely don't have enough to stay up. 

I will say, any team with Colin Kazim Richards leading the line will probably struggle.. 

When you signed him I assumed he'd be a backup at best. Ala Dele Adebola for us back in the day. 

4 hours ago, Red_Dawn said:

I will say, any team with Colin Kazim Richards leading the line will probably struggle.. 

When you signed him I assumed he'd be a backup at best. Ala Dele Adebola for us back in the day. 

I'm sure that was the original intention. But, Waghorn's struggled when playing that role this season, we also opted to loan Marriott out... twice, and Rooney's since taken the manager's role. In fairness, Kazim's been key to our upturn in results (along with Bielik), scoring 3 and assisting 1 in his 10 games under Rooney - a reasonable return for most forwards in this league.

Our biggest problem is his backup is currently a 22 year old with 63 minutes of senior football and a 19 year old with 10 minutes of senior football to his name. Similar applies to most positions to be fair. It looks like we'll have 12 outfielders with more than a year and a half of first team experience to see us through to the end of the season (we may not even see one of those play).