20/21 Notts Bottlers Thread

Day

1 hour ago, Carnero said:

Nah i'm all in on Wednesday seeing as they're 4 points behind. Better for the lower team to win in this sort of scenario, rather than 4th bottom pulling 3 clear.

Wendy is a mess if they get a point they will be doing well irrespective of the opposition 

49 minutes ago, wollatonram said:

grabban back from injury for forest and scores within 10 mins, bad news for us although i feel like forest will just buy another 10 players in january and buy safety anyway

They bought 50 at the start of the season and that hasnt helped them. They're going to have to be more careful now that they cant willy nilly trade players with Olympiakos

On 15/12/2020 at 19:00, Carnero said:

Nah i'm all in on Wednesday seeing as they're 4 points behind. Better for the lower team to win in this sort of scenario, rather than 4th bottom pulling 3 clear.

don't think it matters because I don't think Forest or we will be in a relegation fight come April    Squads too deep and strong 

7 hours ago, kevinhectoring said:

don't think it matters because I don't think Forest or we will be in a relegation fight come April    Squads too deep and strong 

You say that, but our win yesterday was super important. Forest basically had a gimme against a terrible Wednesday (I just worked out that even without their points deduction, they’d be below us), and then we’ve got in form Swansea. We start the round of games level pegging, they win 2-0. Now the pressures on. We haven’t won a game all season, and now we’ve got to beat Swansea. 

had we lost yesterday, there would be clear daylight between us and 4th from bottom. But for a 98th winner from Blackburn Rotherham would be out of touch as well. 3-4 points is a big gap when you can’t buy a win. 

as it is, we won, forest need to look very nervously behind them. Beating Wednesday is not proof that they’re turning a corner. Beating Swansea is proof that we might be. 

I think there's a good chance you leapfrog us on Saturday out of the relegation zone, but I've see enough to think we both might be alright in 10-15 games time. 

We've been on an absolutely dreadful spell, but think CH still has enough about him to keep us up, particularly with that ridiculously bloated squad. If nothing else he has options. 

I watched abit of your game last night and thought you played really well. 

1 minute ago, Red_Dawn said:

I think there's a good chance you leapfrog us on Saturday out of the relegation zone, but I've see enough to think we both might be alright in 10-15 games time. 

We've been on an absolutely dreadful spell, but think CH still has enough about him to keep us up, particularly with that ridiculously bloated squad. If nothing else he has options. 

Both teams will have too much to go down, you’d feel. But we are relying on the likes of Barnsley and Luton to drop, alongside Coventry, Rotherham and Sheff Weds remaining this poor under Pulis. 

30 minutes ago, Srg said:

Both teams will have too much to go down, you’d feel. But we are relying on the likes of Barnsley and Luton to drop, alongside Coventry, Rotherham and Sheff Weds remaining this poor under Pulis. 

We play like last night we’ll rely on nobody but ourselves ? as for Forest, you might be right, it was as @TigerTedd said only a terrible Wednesday, so could still be funny. 

Best scenario we continue to improve and Tuesday proves to be a false Red Dawn ?but then it would be nice to see them finish below us next year for the umpteenth time in the championship eh ?

1 hour ago, Red_Dawn said:

We both shouldn’t  be near the relagation zone but we are because we have been rubbish which gives others confidence a few wins and it’s a different story 

16 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

Ok can someone explain this to me please because I haven’t got a clue 

Click on the pic.  Takes you a twittery doodah, which then plays a vid clip from somebody's mobile.

Clip shows Wendies defender "allegedly" congratulating the Red Dog scorer.

...Elsewhere in webland... amongst the backdrop of condemnation from Wendies fans... said defender subsequently denies the allegations, and offers his explanation of "what really happened".

16 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

Click on the pic.  Takes you a twittery doodah, which then plays a vid clip from somebody's mobile.

Clip shows Wendies defender "allegedly" congratulating the Red Dog scorer.

...Elsewhere in webland... amongst the backdrop of condemnation from Wendies fans... said defender subsequently denies the allegations, and offers his explanation of "what really happened".

I can imagine, if someone offers you a hand or a hive five, and you’re a polite sort of chap, it’s easy to shake it on autopilot before realising what you’re doing. Like waving back at someone who just waved at someone behind you. 

I could imagine Miranda doing it. 

7 hours ago, Srg said:

It's hard to see beyond Wycombe finishing rock bottom.
Rotherham started off quite well but are slowly creeping towards the bottom 3. I'd back them to finish 2nd bottom, at least 5 points behind 22nd.
Wednesday, despite also having a decent start, would still be 2nd bottom without their deduction. They may avoid the drop but it'll be very close.
Forest started off appallingly, had a new manager bounce, but now showing bottom 3 form again. Too good for the weaker sides in the division such as Coventry, Wycombe and Wednesday which will just about keep them safe for another year.
Coventry have been in fine form recently, having not lost in 8 and picking up 14 of their season's 22 points thanks to wins over Wycombe and Rotherham. They have enough points to keep them out of trouble for a while, but I fancy them to edge closer to the drop as the season goes on. Probably have enough individual quality with the likes of O'Hare to narrowly avoid the drop.
QPR are falling rapidly towards the danger area. In awful form, a paper thin squad, and a lack in desire to spend money to improve their situation. Cashing in on Manning for only £250k in the summer (rather than letting him leave for a free at the end of the season) is an indicator of their owner's will to spend. They're my pick for 22nd spot

Derby will be above all of those teams come the end of the season.

3 hours ago, Ghost of Clough said:

It's hard to see beyond Wycombe finishing rock bottom.
Rotherham started off quite well but are slowly creeping towards the bottom 3. I'd back them to finish 2nd bottom, at least 5 points behind 22nd.
Wednesday, despite also having a decent start, would still be 2nd bottom without their deduction. They may avoid the drop but it'll be very close.
Forest started off appallingly, had a new manager bounce, but now showing bottom 3 form again. Too good for the weaker sides in the division such as Coventry, Wycombe and Wednesday which will just about keep them safe for another year.
Coventry have been in fine form recently, having not lost in 8 and picking up 14 of their season's 22 points thanks to wins over Wycombe and Rotherham. They have enough points to keep them out of trouble for a while, but I fancy them to edge closer to the drop as the season goes on. Probably have enough individual quality with the likes of O'Hare to narrowly avoid the drop.
QPR are falling rapidly towards the danger area. In awful form, a paper thin squad, and a lack in desire to spend money to improve their situation. Cashing in on Manning for only £250k in the summer (rather than letting him leave for a free at the end of the season) is an indicator of their owner's will to spend. They're my pick for 22nd spot

Derby will be above all of those teams come the end of the season.

Woo-hoo...... 18th here we come ?