EFL Championship 20/21

Ambitious

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, Ram Bam said:

Add all that with the financial insecurity of a lot of clubs meaning they might not be able to strengthen how they'd like and it doesn't look like there'll be a lot to be afraid of in the league next season.

Tbh it was only our defence I was scared of in the championship last season...?

2 hours ago, Ghost of Clough said:

It's a £40m sale but just c£28m of that will help towards P&S. They've still got a lot way to go before they can afford to buy anyone.

Did it include add ons? Will there be anything due to Chelsea?  I would be surprised if they get £40 m to play with.

14 minutes ago, Spanish said:

Did it include add ons? Will there be anything due to Chelsea?  I would be surprised if they get £40 m to play with.

Good point. Bournemouth bought him for £20m on a 5 year contract (£8m amortisation over the 2 years with them). Some of that £20 would have been add-ons, maybe a sell on percentage as well. I can’t see the overall profit in the accounts being too far off £28m though. 

• 4 weeks later...

I tell you what: Reading go under the radar a little bit as they're a small club, but they're an absolute sh*tshow too. 

I don't know how many days until the season starts, just over a couple of weeks, but they're about to sack their director of football turned manager. It must be mind-numbing for their fans - a lot of them are not happy. 

1 hour ago, Ambitious said:

I tell you what: Reading go under the radar a little bit as they're a small club, but they're an absolute sh*tshow too. 

I don't know how many days until the season starts, just over a couple of weeks, but they're about to sack their director of football turned manager. It must be mind-numbing for their fans - a lot of them are not happy. 

Howe wanted to sell Swift to help with their P&S situation. Owner over-ruled him and blocked any sale. They should have absolutely smashed the limit for the 2020 period, and it doesn't look like it'll get better for the 2021 period either. Rejected several multi-million pound bids for players, only for them to leave on frees.

On 27/08/2020 at 12:50, David said:

That’s when some transfers confuse everything - no logical reason for that amount of money to be spent, not a goal scoring prolific type of player or a great tackler just promising - ‘‘this certainly makes selling our own for the right money a lot more difficult”

On 25/08/2020 at 14:34, Ghost of Clough said:

Howe wanted to sell Swift to help with their P&S situation. Owner over-ruled him and blocked any sale. They should have absolutely smashed the limit for the 2020 period, and it doesn't look like it'll get better for the 2021 period either. Rejected several multi-million pound bids for players, only for them to leave on frees.

Howe?

• 2 weeks later...

Archived