Interest in our players

Anag Ram

2 hours ago, David said:

Does all interest become public knowledge?

Let’s say for example, Bristol City give Bogle’s agent a call to ask how he’s doing. Agent then rings Bogle who says I’m doing great but thanks for asking. That’s that.

It’s so hard to even know what is genuine interest, look at all the players we’ve been “linked” with already, journalists throwing clubs names in to get clicks on their stories.

Maybe I’m getting old and boring but been through so many transfer windows now, I look forward to deadline day not for the yellow ties, but because it’s almost over. 

It was much better turning up at a game and asking who’s that - it’s a new signing apparently! Says the bloke next to you 

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

It was much better turning up at a game and asking who’s that - it’s a new signing apparently! Says the bloke next to you 

Or when they’ve played for you, and even scored a few, and you still only know them as trialist. 

2 minutes ago, TigerTedd said:

Or when they’ve played for you, and even scored a few, and you still only know them as trialist. 

We don’t need to know the names of ones that score for us it’s the non scorers who are on trial! 

On 29/07/2020 at 14:18, Anag Ram said:

I'm not sure whether the club is very good at keeping things quiet but year in, year out there seems to be little interest in our players come transfer window time. 

We finished the season well and whenever we're on TV everyone compliments our squad yet few get good offers. 

Any thoughts? 

I'm very interested in our players though - And judging from the number of posts on this site so are many other people

20 hours ago, ram59 said:

I was having a similar discussion with a Villa mate of mine, yesterday. 

I asked him, already knowing the answer, who their 2 best players were this season. Grealish and McGinn was the answer, who played the previous season. What about the £130 million they spent on other players? I don't think any of them are worth the money Villa paid for them, it puts our spending in the shade. 

Their spending was bad in the Championship as well. They saved us from signing the likes of Lansbury and McCormack and for some reason paid both more than £40k per week - Lansburys wages even went up when they got promoted

9 hours ago, Srg said:

What's that comparison got to do with anything? Striker with more goals than a winger? Lawrence has more goals and assists than our fullbacks too

I assume its more to do with the fact that Lawrence only has one goal less than said main striker. Lawrence has more minutes, but he is not as useless as everyone seems to believe.

Archived