Macauley Bonne

JfR

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 27/07/2020 at 16:00, matty1986 said:

He looked useful (with potential) in a poor Charlton team.

Certainly fits a nice profile in terms of transfer strategy....

Cheap, good age, potential resale value etc.

Likely no prospect of it happening but certainly wouldn't be against it.

If his name is Bonne, surely he must be good. But maybe Bonne Voyage or similarish.

7 hours ago, S8TY said:

has he ever refused to play then? I don't really care who it is the answer will be the same 

Talk was he refused to play for Fulham when we asked for him back off loan, mid loan. But that was refuted by him and Fulham.

6 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

Talk was he refused to play for Fulham when we asked for him back off loan, mid loan. But that was refuted by him and Fulham.

Oh yes we’ll done Roy I remember that but it was never confirmed as you say

• 2 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, GangwayD said:

Preston linked with him for £500,000 this morning on BBC Gossip

Not one I know enough about but we’d compete with Preston if we really wanted him and probably fair price. 

regards

Gangway D from the terrace 

Type of price you’d definitely hope we would be able to compete with, if we do actually want him. 

On 28/07/2020 at 06:05, Gritty said:

I live in SE London and, because my son is a Charlton fan, the two of us are Charlton season ticket holders.  

Bonne has done very well given he was playing non- league last year.  He has an eye for goal.  But he's  up and down and has missed quite a few chances post restart too. He's not a Martin replacement. He doesn't hold the ball up, rather he's more a poacher. He's ok. Wouldn't be someone I'd sign unless Marriott leaves and even then I'd rather we give JHI a go. If he signed, I don't think it'd be with a view to him starting.  He's more a backup striker I reckon (he was for Charlton until Taylor gotb injured).

Lyle Taylor is very good indeed at this level.  He's who I'd go for (despite his antics when he refused to play). Strong, clever, and takes a penalty like you wouldn't believe. Arrogant (in a good way on field), winds opposition fans up. Character.  Winner.

Phillips (gk) is outstanding. He's not a sweeper keeper and we know cocu likes a ball playing gk.  But as a stopper he's superb. Calm. Assured.

Other player I'd be after is Nabby Sarr: ball playing CB. He takes risks (will attempt to nutmeg a player. That kind of thing) and leaves your heart in your mouth.  But 19 times out of 20 they come off. He pings the ball deliciously.  And he's an amazing finisher.  Gets moved up top in last 5 mins if chasing game

No thanks,we’ve had enough defenders over the years causing us cardiac issues!?

On 01/08/2020 at 23:26, S8TY said:

didn't know he did but yes would be same 

Bristol city away in the cup.
He didn’t want to be cup tied and was determined to leave. In the end he changed his mind and drove to Bristol, only to be told to bugger off back home by Colin Addison - rightly in my opinion - but that then led to a bust up with Bruce Rioch.  

who’d be a manager eh?

Archived