Macauley Bonne

JfR

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Taribo said:

I’m lazy and I know nothing about him, any good?

11 goals in 33 apps, all from open play, making him Charlton's joint top scorer with Lyle Taylor. It's his first season at this level after moving from non-league, where he had a 1 in 2 goalscoring record. Would likely be fairly cheap, Charlton only spent £200k to bring him in a year ago, and they aren't in the best condition as a club at the moment and may have to sell.

9 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

No thanks, seems like a pretty bang average player who would likely not be an improvement on the options we already have. We need to be looking at bringing in a striker better than our current lot, not one who just adds to the numbers. Seems like a lazy link anyway.

I agree that it's probably lazy journalism combined with his agent putting his name about. It's a warning sign whenever there are a huge number of clubs mentioned in the link. Basically someone is throwing poo at a wall.

Seen him play a few times and thought he was decent and is very composed when finishing ....I’d take him if price was right 

he reminded me a bit of Watkins at Brentford but didn’t always play centrally 

23 minutes ago, ViewsFromTheMiddle said:

1 in 3 in his first season in the championship for a relegated team isn’t bad going.

Nonetheless, a striker isn’t the top priority for us to strengthen.

I kind of agree, but it is dependent on Jack getting to 100%. i have long thought the injury is one he has been carrying since he joined. If the surgery fixes it we wont need to strengthen .. but if it doesn't then we might have to. 

I'm from Suffolk and a colleague and very good friend of mine has a good friendship with his mum (lives in Ipswich). 

He's supposed to be a bit of a home/mummies boy because of a bit of a tough up bringing. 

Moved to Charlton so he wasn't too far from home (Ipswich) apparently. Seems to be not too bothered who he plays for as long as he plays type attitude from what my colleagues said in the past. 

Has looked lively from the odd clip I've seen of him and has a half decent goal tally. 

Not sure why some people on here dismiss players so easily unless they've watched a few games of them to know any better? 

2 hours ago, Millenniumram said:

No thanks, seems like a pretty bang average player who would likely not be an improvement on the options we already have. We need to be looking at bringing in a striker better than our current lot, not one who just adds to the numbers. Seems like a lazy link anyway.

How often have you seen him play?

4 minutes ago, Franks Tanked said:

I'm from Suffolk and a colleague and very good friend of mine has a good friendship with his mum (lives in Ipswich). 

He's supposed to be a bit of a home/mummies boy because of a bit of a tough up bringing. 

Moved to Charlton so he wasn't too far from home (Ipswich) apparently. Seems to be not too bothered who he plays for as long as he plays type attitude from what my colleagues said in the past. 

Has looked lively from the odd clip I've seen of him and has a half decent goal tally. 

Not sure why some people on here dismiss players so easily unless they've watched a few games of them to know any better? 

Because he's not an unknown dutch player

12 minutes ago, Wolfie20 said:

How often have you seen him play?

Only a couple of times, that’s why I said “seems like”, based on a quick look at his stats. 11 goals ain’t bad so I suspect he’ll stay at this level, but I think we need more than a player with one half decent season in the championship to better Martin and Waghorn, which has to be the target. Of course he’ll go and bang in 30 goals for Cardiff next season now I’ve said that.

2 hours ago, ViewsFromTheMiddle said:

1 in 3 in his first season in the championship for a relegated team isn’t bad going.

Nonetheless, a striker isn’t the top priority for us to strengthen.

Boo nne. Nomen est omen.

If/when Martin leaves, IMO signing a striker is one of the top priorities.

This lad is big, strong, hard-working, good in the air and linking up with a decent return of 11 goals and 2 assists in 2354 minutes.

Bring him in.

He looked useful (with potential) in a poor Charlton team.

Certainly fits a nice profile in terms of transfer strategy....

Cheap, good age, potential resale value etc.

Likely no prospect of it happening but certainly wouldn't be against it.

Archived