Bournemouth FFP (as was)

ptt1

Am I right in remembering that Bournemouth along with Leicester and Wolves have an ffp case hanging over them from the season they were promoted and the EFL haven’t been able to bring these charges as they have been outside of their jurisdiction. This is what happened to QPR when they were relegated back after their year in the Prem after our Wembley loss.

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Boycie said:

Didn’t they settle with a fine settlement?

£4.75m, originally £7.6m, but they managed to get it lowered
Seeing as this is a club willing to chuck four times that amount at Dominic Solanke, I don't think they were too wounded by the punishment

2 hours ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Bournemouth were dealt with under the previous set of rules and sanctions. If Villa came down, they may have faced an investigation similar to Wednesday and ourselves did this year. 

I bet they’re thumbing their noses at the EFL at the moment.

They might have settled previously, but the EFL is capricious and unpredictable, so perhaps they'll target Bournemouth for no reason like they do with everyone else.

Leicester also paid a fine didnt they? 

As far as i aware there was no ffp case against Wolves. They bypassed it using other methods.

There’s a lot of teams mentioned on this thread already. How many teams have actually got promoted without bending / breaking the rules.

surely that means the rules aren’t fit for purpose, or aren’t being enforced properly. They’re basically setting a precedent that if you want to get promoted, you have to break the rules. And, similar to a lance Armstrong situation, it then becomes a competition of who can break the rules the most, and get out of the EFL’s durasdiction before they get caught. 

35 minutes ago, TigerTedd said:

There’s a lot of teams mentioned on this thread already. How many teams have actually got promoted without bending / breaking the rules.

surely that means the rules aren’t fit for purpose, or aren’t being enforced properly. They’re basically setting a precedent that if you want to get promoted, you have to break the rules. And, similar to a lance Armstrong situation, it then becomes a competition of who can break the rules the most, and get out of the EFL’s durasdiction before they get caught. 

Add the teams who have had embargoes and there aren't many teams left. Reading, Wednesday, Forest, Leeds, QPR and Birmingham have all had at least one embargo over the past 5 years. I'm sure there are others too

3 hours ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Add the teams who have had embargoes and there aren't many teams left. Reading, Wednesday, Forest, Leeds, QPR and Birmingham have all had at least one embargo over the past 5 years. I'm sure there are others too

Or administration, another consequence of over spending. 

why does anyone ever buy a football club?

Archived