Road to Keogh

TuffLuff

53 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

True - Ryan is an extremely accomplished writer and his work is substantially better than what you would find in the DET, but he also doesn't need to throw out 5-6 articles a day in order to generate their revenue as the athletic is a subscription service and well placed. They're also well financed, so the difference between the two is night and day. The Athletic is fast becoming a major reporting service in the sports world and will have more avenues of interrogation than a simple local newspaper. 

Ryan can spend time researching and writing his articles. Steve, or whoever, really ONLY needs to generate clicks to keep his head above water. I think that's what they do - and it does enough. I don't even think Steve gets any exclusive interviews with any Derby players anymore, typically what's been said in a press conference or in other newspapers. 

I don't think it will be very long before the DET becomes extinct, personally. I'm happy to offer my eyes and clicks whilst they're still knocking about. 

Conway needs to do more research ,his piece on the Gabay loan was shockingly bad did not know the updated facts re the loan being virtually paid off 

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

My money was on the case being closed before he joined MK Dons

Yeah, assumed so too at the time as it seemed strange, although I did get the impression that maybe a deal was pushed through before the salary cap was voted in, so it didn't affect what they could pay him.

But he was still on the site about a week ago I think (sure I saw tweets mentioning it) even though others had been removed.

33 minutes ago, RandomAccessMemory said:

But he was still on the site about a week ago I think (sure I saw tweets mentioning it) even though others had been removed.

Quoted myself but went looking for one of the tweets, it was actually only yesterday, felt like a week ago! ?  ?

Chris Coles and Steve Nicholson replied.

Does look like now he's gone it's finally over and everyone can move on.

Archived