Which 5 past Derby players would get us up...

gccrowdpleaser

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 hours ago, Coconut said:

...and I shall continue to angry face every post I ever read where somebody says they'd have him back! ? (I see it as a bit of fun)

Those who fail to learn from history are condemned to repeat it.

Anyone who thinks you become a better team by putting Ince in it clearly wasn't paying enough attention, and it's got nothing to do with his attitude, which was fine.

He was a hard worker in the team and a good player. Don’t get why some people didn’t like Ince but I’ve also been confused by hate towards Keogh. 

19 hours ago, Coconut said:

...and I shall continue to angry face every post I ever read where somebody says they'd have him back! ? (I see it as a bit of fun)

Those who fail to learn from history are condemned to repeat it.

Anyone who thinks you become a better team by putting Ince in it clearly wasn't paying enough attention, and it's got nothing to do with his attitude, which was fine.

His stats speak for themselves. 37 goals in just over 100 games for a wide player plus loads of assists. Can’t remember a wide player failing as bad as that in a long time ?

50 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

His stats speak for themselves. 37 goals in just over 100 games for a wide player plus loads of assists. Can’t remember a wide player failing as bad as that in a long time ?

His stats this season don't read very well 40 games 3 goals and 2 assists

2 hours ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Grant liable to make the odd howler...Wolves away springs to mind...

He was also capable of fantastic performances as well, one of his best was in the play off semi final first leg against Brighton, it was what got us the win.

I've been going to watch Derby since 1993. (I was 6 then). So based on the players I remember and based on what we need.

Poom - Best keeper we've had in my lifetime.

Stimac - Rolls Royce Defender

Eranio - Best footballer we've had in my lifetime. 

Tommy Smith - Prime Tommy Smith on the wing. Yes please. Absolutely loved this bloke. 

Wanchope - Pace, power, finishing. Paulo ?

2 minutes ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

I've been going to watch Derby since 1993. (I was 6 then). So based on the players I remember and based on what we need.

Poom - Best keeper we've had in my lifetime.

Stimac - Rolls Royce Defender

Eranio - Best footballer we've had in my lifetime. 

Tommy Smith - Prime Tommy Smith on the wing. Yes please. Absolutely loved this bloke. 

Wanchope - Pace, power, finishing. Paulo ?

First season ticket in '86, Arthur Cox being my hero. And the promotion team. Jim Smith a close second, mid to late 90s were a dream watching the Rams with the four from your choice!

38 minutes ago, whiteroseram said:

To be honest if you added Grant/Poom, Stimic and Bloomer to this side I think it get's promoted.

If we want 2 more to make sure, Gemmill and....who's our best ever left back?

image.png.45e77476a5347c3b5a21827d5ce2174b.png

On 25/07/2020 at 23:43, Ted McMinn Football Genius said:

Of the players I’ve seen first hand & what we need right now in our current line up....

Peter Shilton: safe hands

Mark Wright: Aerial superiority in both boxes & first class at bringing the ball out 

Igor: Just World Class and leader of men

Van Der Laan: Battler, Baller, Goal scorer & leader of men

Dean Saunders: Off the shoulder, Raw pace and a goal machine

Glad someone mentioned RVL. Very influential but underrated player. The heartbeat of that bald eagle promotion team 

Right players in my DCFC watching time from 1970 to present. 5 is difficult pick but will try. 
Poom edges out CB as best keeper 

Bruce Rioch ( first period) power and goals 

RVL never say die and great leader 

Gladys Hinton great crosser and thumping shot. 

Zak or Charlie. So torn my fav ever DCFC players . King Kev it is just 

Archived