"I hate England and the f..king people"

Day

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ashley cole

FLOP Ashley Cole sent a disgraceful message to pals days before flying out to the World Cup - snarling: "I hate England and the f***ing people!"

The Chelsea defender shared the astonishing insult with pals using his BlackBerry hours before he boarded a flight to England's pre-World Cup training camp in Austria.

He posted it as his status message, allowing all those designated as his friends to see it.

The jibe appeared under a picture of Cole, 29, sunning himself with his shirt off and a towel over his head.

As he aired his crude views, millions of England supporters were rallying behind Cole and his team-mates - and thousands were spending hard-earned savings to fly to South Africa to cheer them on.

The news of Cole's contempt and lack of commitment will add insult to injury for fans fuming over the abject World Cup performance.

Cole yesterday insisted he WAS totally dedicated to England. He said: "I always try my hardest for England and Chelsea but the intrusion and pressure I feel is making my life hell."

Cole, dumped by ex-wife Cheryl after repeatedly cheating on her and sex-texting women - posted his BlackBerry rant shortly after he started seeing ex-lapdancer Sarah Purnell.

As Cole arrived back in the UK with the rest of the England squad yesterday, Sarah was waiting to see if their relationship will go into extra time.

The mum of one, from Dudley, West Mids, said Cole had texted her from South Africa.

She said: "We said we'll meet when he gets back, but I'm not putting pressure on him."

Archived