Unsung hero

Big Trav

Jason knight. 

by far one of the most tenacious and skill full players I’ve seen has the heart of a lion and as Neil warnock would say ‘never shirks a fricking tackle’ one of Derby’s players of the years imo. Scored some important goals and very effective at driving at defences. Can’t wait to see him in his proper position 

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Love his attitude! He has a proper will to win. As you say never sherks a challenge, has energy to burn and will run through a brick wall for the team. He’s tenacious and will be a big big player. Will be an excellent box to box goal scoring midfielder. Excited to watch him progress, thought he played very well today. 

Moment last night when right infront of the benches their player was trying to shield the ball and knight simply grabbed him by the shirt and threw him to the ground like a rag doll. Obvious foul but I love when players simply wont let another get away with a simple ball shielding out of touch without leaving something on them. Martin does it too.

What I love about all our youngsters is their ball retention without being overly defensive. Very very rarely will one of them lose possession from a silly mistake, far less so than many of our other players. 

1 hour ago, Taribo said:

What I love about all our youngsters is their ball retention without being overly defensive. Very very rarely will one of them lose possession from a silly mistake, far less so than many of our other players. 

They're younger and easier to mould. No surprised that they've picked up Cocu ball with greater ease.

I love Knight. The only thing missing in his game is an obvious first choice position. Some say Irish Bryson, I say rich man's Jamie Hanson.

9 hours ago, Big Trav said:

Jason knight. 

by far one of the most tenacious and skill full players I’ve seen has the heart of a lion and as Neil warnock would say ‘never shirks a fricking tackle’ one of Derby’s players of the years imo. Scored some important goals and very effective at driving at defences. Can’t wait to see him in his proper position 

It's the reason he broke into the first team, consistently, before the others. He fights for everything. 

Think people definitely under appreciate what he brings to the Team. Player of the year is a bit of a stretch given he had a poor start to the season, but he’s been a lot better since he settled in. Personally I still see him as more of an off the bench impact type player at present, but that’s still an important role. The work rate he brings when he’s on the pitch, especially in terms of tracking back, can really help the team when they’re trying to hold onto a lead. He’s got a goal or two in him as well, particularly from counter attacks, which is a good trait to have on the pitch. 

Don’t think he’s a winger in any way shape or form mind. His skill set is much more suited to that number 10 role, and I think that’s where you’ll see him at his best.

Doesn’t have the same physical presence but a very similar player to his Irish predecessor Mr Hendrick, Bryson is also a good comparison

Another great prospect. Think he’ll kick on again next season. Not sure where to play him, definitely in a central position, but if you play him in the 2 that means you leave out Bird or Rooney, play him at 10 you leave out Sibley. If Derby switched back to 4-3-3, think that would suit him as it did Bryson and Hendrick

21 minutes ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

Doesn’t have the same physical presence but a very similar player to his Irish predecessor Mr Hendrick, Bryson is also a good comparison

Another great prospect. Think he’ll kick on again next season. Not sure where to play him, definitely in a central position, but if you play him in the 2 that means you leave out Bird or Rooney, play him at 10 you leave out Sibley. If Derby switched back to 4-3-3, think that would suit him as it did Bryson and Hendrick

I imagine there will be a bit of rotation between Knight, Lawrence, Sibley, *new RW*, and Waghorn. Whittaker to get a few games here and there as well.

I like Knight but I do worry hes going to become victim of being good at a few positions but not great at any.

His best position is probably as a shuttler in a midfield 3, would probably make a decent wide midfielder in a classic 4-4-2 but hes definitely not an out and out winger. 

Next season he might have a problem finding himself a regular place in midfield, Rooney and Bird seem to be first names on team sheet and Sibley seems to be preferred in the attacking role. 

20 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

I imagine there will be a bit of rotation between Knight, Lawrence, Sibley, *new RW*, and Waghorn. Whittaker to get a few games here and there as well.

I’m hoping Whittaker can kick on now. I’ve said this before i think he’s got everything, except the self belief that he belongs at this level hence he’s been tentative in games. That goal could be the start for him

44 minutes ago, Shuff264 said:

I like Knight but I do worry hes going to become victim of being good at a few positions but not great at any.

His best position is probably as a shuttler in a midfield 3, would probably make a decent wide midfielder in a classic 4-4-2 but hes definitely not an out and out winger. 

Next season he might have a problem finding himself a regular place in midfield, Rooney and Bird seem to be first names on team sheet and Sibley seems to be preferred in the attacking role. 

That's why I compare him to Hanson, though he is obviously much more talented.

It's the curse of not being crap at anything. It means a player breaks into the first team doing a job in any position, but they never master one in particular. 

Took years for Henderson to fulfill his potential for a very similar reason - it's only clicked for him when he's learned to play one position properly under a world class coach.

He'll probably end up playing somewhere weird. Tell me if I'm mad but - is there a chance he might turn into a full back?

26 minutes ago, Duracell said:

It's the curse of not being crap at anything. It means a player breaks into the first team doing a job in any position, but they never master one in particular. 

Took years for Henderson to fulfill his potential for a very similar reason - it's only clicked for him when he's learned to play one position properly under a world class coach.

He'll probably end up playing somewhere weird. Tell me if I'm mad but - is there a chance he might turn into a full back?

I'm not sure about full back, but had thought of us using him as a right wing back?

41 minutes ago, Duracell said:

Knight? Bit of a waste of his ability to get a shot away at goal.

Hart

Bogle.       Te Weirek.   Bielik      Lowe

Bird

Knight.                      Rooney

Sibley     

Martin.               Marriott 

solves the winger issue and not a penny spent! 

Archived