LouiE Sibley

Derbados

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If Chelsea offered to swap Mount for Sibley, how many people would take that swap? 

Mount is the player I've seen in the past two decades at this club with the highest ceiling. I would say it was Thorne, but we all know what happened there, but Sibley just continues to do what he did in the U18 league now in the Championship. 

20 minutes ago, Derbados said:

will score 15+ goals from midfield next season and be our POTS 

Dortmund will wish they’d waited a year longer 

he’s that good 

discuss.

I see him scoring 20 plus & assisting a fair few also. He's such a talent that we arguably need a front man who is first & foremost able to suit our style rather than be able to score plenty. With Sibley, Lawrence and a class right winger behind a selfless & mobile front man, we could score plenty enough to go up (a Troy Deeney type forward would be absolutely bang on).

Just love his directness & positivity - our post-lockdown season would have looked very different without him. He is proper Derby too - the yokels up here have cottoned onto his mock clapping on Sunday & are still complaining. Good lad ?

@Ambitious I wouldn't take that swap with Mount (much though I rate him) - Sibley is 3 years younger so is much earlier on in his development curve. Wilson is probably the closer equivalent in terms of the goals/assists contribution Louie is capable of but he doesn't have Sibley's tenacity/presence to influence general play. He is that special.

6 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

If Chelsea offered to swap Mount for Sibley, how many people would take that swap? 

Mount is the player I've seen in the past two decades at this club with the highest ceiling. I would say it was Thorne, but we all know what happened there, but Sibley just continues to do what he did in the U18 league now in the Championship. 

Sibley just looks different class 

He’s an angrier, more fiery Will Hughes with an absolute rocket of a shot on him 

hes a perfect blend of aggression, skill, balance, pace and flair that you need to make it to the highest levels professional football, a perfect hybrid as a result of the academy investment  

Hughes’ feet, Brysons engine, Seth Johnson’s aggression, Thornes vision, Matt Oakleys rocket   

He’s a Frankenstein of a player, he’ll be a force to be reckoned with next season, no doubt about it. 

He’s certainly got the potential, that’s for sure. He’s such a brilliant goalscorer - the technique he has when he strikes the ball is only rivalled by Harry Wilson in terms of Derby players I’ve seen. It’s something very special. Obviously he’s still got some things to work on before he reaches the levels we all know he can get to - mainly these are the more nuanced off the ball skills that will only come with experience, so it’s not surprise really. He should only get better the more games he plays.

Would people take someone like Matt Smith up front with bjsycreative players buzzing in and around him?

Think I read somewhere that he has a great assist stat in the champ from knock downs and flick ons.

How about we dont build the guy up and heap loads of pressure on him, just let him develop naturally and see where it takes him?

Less than 10 games into his career and we are already saying he is crucial to our team, he will play at the top level, so on and so forth.

Of course he looks good but let's not fall into the same trap that we have so many times before.

1 hour ago, KBB said:

Would people take someone like Matt Smith up front with bjsycreative players buzzing in and around him?

Think I read somewhere that he has a great assist stat in the champ from knock downs and flick ons.

Smith is also quite slow & his ability only really suits a direct, aerial style of play. We need a front man who is mobile/quick, strong but also technically good & has the deft Martin type touches to bring others into the game.

Im actually not that concerned by how many a new CF would score given the potential behind him. Most teams going up tend to share goals around anyway.

I get why we're excited, but personally I hate piling pressure on young players, even in places they can't see what we say like here. Just sets you up for disappointment when the variables come into play and it doesn't happen.

Remember all those exciting young players we had between 2013-15? I remember people boldly claiming that Hughes, Thorne, Bamford and Ibe would be in the squad in the 2018 World Cup.

The worst of the lot - Lingard - is the only one who did and was instrumental as part of the first England side to reach a WC semi in nearly thirty years.

9 hours ago, Derbados said:

Sibley just looks different class 

He’s an angrier, more fiery Will Hughes with an absolute rocket of a shot on him 

hes a perfect blend of aggression, skill, balance, pace and flair that you need to make it to the highest levels professional football, a perfect hybrid as a result of the academy investment  

Hughes’ feet, Brysons engine, Seth Johnson’s aggression, Thornes vision, Matt Oakleys rocket   

He’s a Frankenstein of a player, he’ll be a force to be reckoned with next season, no doubt about it. 

I love those comparisons.

It's as if Mel's scientists were asked to create the ultimate 21st century football machine.

"Ladies & Gentlemen, under this blanket we have created the next generation of footballing cyborg

I give you ROBOSIB"

Archived