v Birmingham City (A) - Matchday Thread

Last game of a remarkably eventful season. 

Deck it with the kids?

Mix it up?

Birmingham still something to play for.

Anyone arsed?

Kind Regards,

Diego x

• Replies 593
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I almost hope they all get w*nkered the night before and see what happens. I think even Malone could muster a cheeky cross or two, i remember the match after the drinking debacle when he ran his legs off like a duracell bunny, i wonder if he'd do the same again. 

Maybe it would take the pressure off? That or Sibley is barfing in the corner flag, Bird is sporting a questionable newly cut fringe and Roos boots the ball into the net a la Bent. 

This is the one to play some of the kids. Don't go overboard, but certainly give some minutes to players who need it. Whittaker needs to be given a significant runout to see how he does against a leaky defence. FloJo too, just to see if he can cause some problems. Marriott not ready for 90 mins but a decent cameo. Jordan Brown and Buchanan to get game time.

I was surprised that we didn’t use Jozefzoon more in recent games. We are crying out for a decent winger. We spent a lot of money on him and we want to see him make the step up.

we keep hearing about how great he is in training. Unfortunately they don’t give out points for goals scored in training. 

A small part of me wants Birmingham to win just in case the rest of the results go the right way to drop Boro into the relegation zone.

However if we can be bothered to turn up for this one i do think we have more than enough to win this match.

5 minutes ago, RamNut said:

I was surprised that we didn’t use Jozefzoon more in recent games. We are crying out for a decent winger.

You answered your own question. He's had plenty of chances and not done much of anything.

I still want us to go for the win... we should be looking to win every single game regardless of the circumstances.

Bogle hasn't looked himself over the last couple of games... but keeps his place due to a lack of other RB options. Evans in for Davies. Rooney given a rest. I'm assuming Lawrence won't be fit, so Jozefzoon on the wing. JHI to start up front (Swap out for Martin if something gets sorted contract wise in the next day or two... no point in giving game time to someone who's not going to be here next season otherwise now).

Roos

Bogle, Evans, Clarke, Lowe

Knight, Bird, Sibley

Waghorn, Hector-Ingram, Jozefzoon

Subs: Ravas, J Brown, Davies, Forsyth, Marriott, Martin, Rooney, Shinnie, Whittaker

COYR! ? Let's try and end this crazy season on a high!

38 minutes ago, RamNut said:

I was surprised that we didn’t use Jozefzoon more in recent games. We are crying out for a decent winger. We spent a lot of money on him and we want to see him make the step up.

we keep hearing about how great he is in training. Unfortunately they don’t give out points for goals scored in training. 

Cones dont tackle

8 minutes ago, Black ('n' White) Sheep said:

Evans in for Davies. Rooney given a rest. I'm assuming Lawrence won't be fit, so Jozefzoon on the wing.

Both centre backs were poor v leeds.

Clarke dithered and put one pass back to roos out for an unnecessary corner.

Davies then produced a keogh-to Zamora clearance for the first, and got sucked out of position for the second.

Clarke compounds it all with a stupid own goal.

bogle also lost possession on the edge of the box, which nearly cost us. 

dunno what big Jack would have made of that lot.....well actually I do.

(maybe folk will appreciate than Evans isn’t such a disaster after all).

22 minutes ago, Ram-a-lama fa fa fa said:

Cones dont tackle

You are quoting me there.....

On 01/06/2020 at 09:09, RamNut said:

Maybe those cones aren’t great at tackling. 

....but we either make something of him, or we have another expensive flop on our hands.

May as well use it to experiment with youth players. Give Whittaker, Hector-Ingram, Jordan Brown, Buchanan etc starts and see what they can muster up. Give Rooney, Martin, some of the others a rest. I think we should use it to tinker with other formations too.

11 minutes ago, Dean (hick) Saunders said:

Interesting to me if Martin plays. If he does you would presume he is going to sign up for next season.

Not sure what was up with him today. 
he scored to put us 1 nil up and didn’t even smile. 

Archived