Leeds United

Brammie Steve

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply
46 minutes ago, MuespachRam said:

I agree it is totally weird the whole "guard of honour" thing....but if you are doing it, then do it properly.

God know. This is the perfect way to do a guard of honour for a team you hate. As sarcastically as possible. Your doing it, so you don’t seem really petty, you’re taking the high ground, but you’re not disingenuously patting them on the back and congratulating them. You’re letting them know exactly what you feel about it all. It’s honest. 

33 minutes ago, TigerTedd said:

God know. This is the perfect way to do a guard of honour for a team you hate. As sarcastically as possible. Your doing it, so you don’t seem really petty, you’re taking the high ground, but you’re not disingenuously patting them on the back and congratulating them. You’re letting them know exactly what you feel about it all. It’s honest. 

Why hate them? They have been miles better than us all season, playing foot all we can only dream about with a great manager In charge... whilst we have been floundering around mid table rubbish, involved in disgusting scandal after scandal all year with the only shining light England’s greatest ever goal scorer and a couple of young lads playing half decent once every ten games.... they should all be applauding Leeds and looking at them thinking “that’s what I want to be like next season” 

I agree Leeds deserve it and can't deny they're an exciting team with an impressive work rate that should be used as an example. 

Just don't think I'd do any different if I was Sibely. In fact I might just stand there hands behind my back. I just wouldn't applaud another team. 

It's degrading, patronising fake ********. I wouldn't care if it was the other way around. We'd all know Leeds stood clapping us isn't genuine. What player needs opponents to clap him? Bizarre nonsense that I just wouldn't want to take part in.

I don't agree with shaking hands before games either. You shake hands, wish each other luck and spend the next hour kicking, elbowing, feigning injury, swearing, shirt pulling, diving and every other little trick to get one over the other guy. A brief shake after to show no hard feelings or maybe a chat with an old mate etc. But before the game you really shouldn't be finger blasting Patrick Bamford when the little Bamford is probably going to do everything to get you sent off! 

Sibely made me happy there. Unlike others with big grins clapping like fans. Just go buy a season ticket at Elland Rd, lads. Get a signed shirt for Christmas. 

1 hour ago, MuespachRam said:

Why hate them? They have been miles better than us all season, playing foot all we can only dream about with a great manager In charge... whilst we have been floundering around mid table rubbish, involved in disgusting scandal after scandal all year with the only shining light England’s greatest ever goal scorer and a couple of young lads playing half decent once every ten games.... they should all be applauding Leeds and looking at them thinking “that’s what I want to be like next season” 

No they haven't. They won two in eleven at one stage. Then recovered by winning four games before lock down. Three of those were a goal to nil. Obviously they've been better overall as shown by the table, that's down to work rate although those double training sessions may have worked against them without the 10 week break like last year. Wouldn't say there football leaves me dreaming. The team we had a few years back would have torn them a new arse. Fortune has favoured them this year as the standard has been the worst I've seen.

8 hours ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

No they haven't. They won two in eleven at one stage. Then recovered by winning four games before lock down. Three of those were a goal to nil. Obviously they've been better overall as shown by the table, that's down to work rate although those double training sessions may have worked against them without the 10 week break like last year. Wouldn't say there football leaves me dreaming. The team we had a few years back would have torn them a new arse. Fortune has favoured them this year as the standard has been the worst I've seen.

Thought something similar. If Bielsas cunning plan is more training than anyone else then that doesn't sound too difficult to copy.

Ironically I suppose the fewer games in the Premier league (both league and that 2 Bob cup) works in their favour from that standpoint. 

Still expect to see them back down though. "Where we belong" my bottom! ?

15 hours ago, MuespachRam said:

I agree it is totally weird the whole "guard of honour" thing....but if you are doing it, then do it properly.

And another thing. What are we actually congratulating them for? They’re Leeds United. Much as I hate to admit it, they are a big club, they probably should be in the premier league. Are we congratulating them for 16 years of mediocrity or less? I’d be embarrassed if I was them. In fact, when we get promoted, I don’t want a guard of honour, it’s just patronising it took us so bloody long. 

now if a burton, or a Wycombe, or a Luton or someone like that got promoted, they can have a guard of honour without any hint of irony. But for Leeds, nope, job done, about time too, not duck off and go be crap in the premier league. 

17 hours ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

5 hours ago, TigerTedd said:

And another thing. What are we actually congratulating them for? They’re Leeds United. Much as I hate to admit it, they are a big club, they probably should be in the premier league. Are we congratulating them for 16 years of mediocrity or less? I’d be embarrassed if I was them. In fact, when we get promoted, I don’t want a guard of honour, it’s just patronising it took us so bloody long. 

now if a burton, or a Wycombe, or a Luton or someone like that got promoted, they can have a guard of honour without any hint of irony. But for Leeds, nope, job done, about time too, not duck off and go be crap in the premier league. 

Clutching at straws here I feel. They have been absolutely miles better than us (arguably for two years). The table doesn’t lie.

25 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

Clutching at straws here I feel. They have been absolutely miles better than us (arguably for two years). The table doesn’t lie.

Yes , they have been the best in the division this season. The division has been terrible though. I also think the enforced break did them a great service . The team we had in 13/14 and the teams around us at that time would have left them 5/6th at best with comparison. I don't accept they play football we can only dream off in any way. 

Just now, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Yes , they have been the best in the division this season. The division has been terrible though. I also think the enforced break did them a great service . The team we had in 13/14 and the teams around us at that time would have left them 5/6th at best with comparison. I don't accept they play football we can only dream off in any way. 

I strongly disagree, and I think it will be borne out next season. Can see them finishing top ten.

Archived