Leeds United

Brammie Steve

1 hour ago, 86 Schmokes & a Pancake said:

Yeah but where's the evidence he's done all this without any good players? You've answered a question I haven't asked and avoided answering the one I have.

Let's put it a different way, of their starting 11, who are not good players?

What do you make of Costa, Douglass, Hernandez, Harrison, Philips and co? 

Think most would agree he's a top manager, but to say he's done it without good players is nonsense.

Wouldnt call it evidence but more of an opinion, my Leeds supporting mates (granted it's only 2) often say he gets the best out of average players.

Costa was 1 of 2 big money signings he has made, along with Bamford, and was an obvious previous known quantity.

Douglas has only made 14 appearances this season, so I thought you may have chosen a more regular left back to quote than him?

Pablo Hernandez was a roughly 1 goal in 10 games striker before playing for Bielsa, he is now roughly 1 in 3.5.

Harrison obviously always been a decent prospect.

Phillips came through the academy so no idea how good he was or how much Bielsa has moulded him into the player he is.

By time we reach and co I'm assuming we have run out of players to name.

Now on to some of the rest of the team, what had you seen from the following to make you think they were good players, prior to being managed by Bielsa:-

Ayling, Cooper, White, Dallas, Alioski they are a few of the players with over 30 appearances this season.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good on them. The best team in the league with the best manager in the league, won it at a canter in the end. I hope they do well next season, Bielsa will be good value at least..! 
they might as well sell Bamford today though, he isn’t good enough.... don’t you dare go and buy him Mel..!

3 hours ago, desirelines said:

Horrible club with a brilliant team and manager. I think they'll do alright next year. Bielsa in the Prem should be fun. 

Kinda hoping that WBA get the 2nd spot, as I think watching Brentford tear Forest apart in the Playoffs would be ideal. 

I think without strengthening they are going to get caught woefully short next season.

They definitely need a goal scorer, just like at what has happened to Norwich since Pukki stopped scoring.

I think there has been a bit of a change in recent years and it's more likely to be the more defensive minded teams going up to the Prem that are more likely to survive, Wolves being the obvious anomaly but they already had a Premier League squad before getting promoted.

38 minutes ago, MuespachRam said:

Good on them. The best team in the league with the best manager in the league, won it at a canter in the end. I hope they do well next season, Bielsa will be good value at least..! 
they might as well sell Bamford today though, he isn’t good enough.... don’t you dare go and buy him Mel..!

They havent won the league yet.

I still don’t think they are as good as they were last season but hey ho they have won a very poor league this season so well done on that. I have a feeling that the manager might just decide to leave now so we will see how long he lasts.

hopefully we congratulate them with a damm good game of football  

19 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

I still don’t think they are as good as they were last season but hey ho they have won a very poor league this season so well done on that. I have a feeling that the manager might just decide to leave now so we will see how long he lasts.

hopefully we congratulate them with a damm good game of football  

I will be disappointed if we don’t give them a game, most of them will probably be hungover. 

Archived