v Dirty Leeds (H) - Matchday Thread

Comrade 86

6 minutes ago, Andicis said:

I tend to comment on the football, you tend to comment on the posters. Not quite the same thing. 

Really , you said yourself you were not even mentioned and can assure you I didn’t even take notice of who posted it ? If you would like to repost my reply and show us where it commented on the poster and not just replied to the post subject matter I will be more than happy to apologise and look at how I post but I’m willing to bet it won’t happen as the accusation does not fit the actual posts

• Replies 953
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, Ruda Harliss said:

Who said I was offended? I certainly didn’t.  MY OPINION was that with his comment of “ duck OFF Derby “ ( sorry @Andicisfor the miss quote) must of surely expected a response as we were all disappointed.  But Duck off ?

OK

I just don't see the point of policing a comment you judge shouldn't be expressed (I'm aware of that's what I'm doing, but hey ho). 

You're never gonna get anywhere telling someone they shouldn't say something as you don't think it's right. It's exhausting having to read. Everyone's different, you can't expect people to react how you do and it doesn't mean their wrong. 

And with that, I'll shut up now because I'm filling the thread with my poo and accusing others of leaving theirs. 

4 minutes ago, Rampage said:

I think that Bielsa had the Leeds players training twice a day all season. Fitter than us despite 7 changes.

I think he had a better squad to start from, and is a better manager (at present only hopefully).

1 hour ago, Jourdan said:

In recent weeks, we've seen Huddersfield beat WBA, Stoke beat Brentford, and Luton get a draw at Leeds.

That shows you that it isn't all down to the quality of the players. There's always a leveller to be found in this division. Lesser teams can get results and the top six are far from untouchable.

Yet we are expected to accept 4 defeats from 5 and spineless performances, because 'the players aren't good enough' and 'we are where we are'.

The players haven't looked up for it. The players haven't believed. The players haven't shown intensity or intent. Who is responsible for that?

When you have 3 games a week, how much can the manager actually do?

That drive and desire has to come from the players. One of the reason Derby have got into such a position is years of blaming the manager and letting the players off. We never give a manager long enough to fix the problems he sees. In times of adversity you see what the players are really made of. I would expect Cocu to now have a very clear idea of what he needs.

And I don't think in this case it is a lack of intent or desire. Just a thin squad mentally, and in the senior players case, physically shot.

Apologies to anyone I snapped at earlier btw, just a very frustrating season all round.

I'm bored, and I ran out of beer yesterday.

We've had the worst imaginable / most difficult run of fixtures recently, but if you jiggle things around a bit I don't think people would be anywhere near as negative about us as they have been today? If the fixture computer had been kinder to us....

138301482_reorderfixtures.JPG.4901880bd12a746c1973b3db872b82b9.JPG

3 minutes ago, goldstar said:

I just don't see the point of policing a comment you judge shouldn't be expressed (I'm aware of that's what I'm doing, but hey ho). 

You're never gonna get anywhetr It's exhausting having to read. Everyone's different, you can't expect people to react how you do and it doesn't mean their wrong. 

And with that, I'll shut up now because I'm filling the thread with my poo and accusing others of leaving theirs. 

Ok.  First I’m accused of being offended by a so called fan saying “ duck off Derby “ when I wasn’t.  Now I’m being accused of telling someone they shouldn't say something as you don't think it's right( copied and pasted that in case of a miss quote @Andicis) when I didn’t even go there.  

?????????????

53 minutes ago, Ruda Harliss said:

Not sure he needed to @ you.  Your frustration and contempt for the team has been consistent.  The “Duck you Derby” comment, I think was quite extreme and you must have expected a response?  I understand it was through frustration, but everyone on this forum will have been disappointed.  Duck you Derby though? Really?

There you go, I'm bored now, but here is what you said before. Can't be arsed to go back and forth but perhaps, like me from now on, find a better hobby than pulling people up on something mild they've said. It's tedious. Live and let live. 

7 minutes ago, 86 Schmokes & a Pancake said:

Haha. Fair one.  Made me chuckle ? 

Cheers, aware of what a hypocrite I'm being, some of my posts make me roll my own eyes sometimes?

19 minutes ago, Coconut said:

Apologies to anyone I snapped at earlier btw, just a very frustrating season all round.

I'm bored, and I ran out of beer yesterday.

We've had the worst imaginable / most difficult run of fixtures recently, but if you jiggle things around a bit I don't think people would be anywhere near as negative about us as they have been today? If the fixture computer had been kinder to us....

138301482_reorderfixtures.JPG.4901880bd12a746c1973b3db872b82b9.JPG

Maybe but then again we would still be on the same points today and we would have not have been mentioning playoffs all season (maybe a good thing but maybe we would all be even more pessimistic). Fact is we have lost 4 matches in a row which is not good enough for Derby in this division. We haven’t properly competed. I think Cocu is the right man to take us forward. No more chopping and changing as long as we see progress next season. 

Just now, AndyinLiverpool said:

Don't call it hypocrisy; call it unpredictability.

Whatever you say, I'm not biting?

2 hours ago, Jourdan said:

In recent weeks, we've seen Huddersfield beat WBA, Stoke beat Brentford, and Luton get a draw at Leeds.

That shows you that it isn't all down to the quality of the players. There's always a leveller to be found in this division. Lesser teams can get results and the top six are far from untouchable.

Yet we are expected to accept 4 defeats from 5 and spineless performances, because 'the players aren't good enough' and 'we are where we are'.

The players haven't looked up for it. The players haven't believed. The players haven't shown intensity or intent. Who is responsible for that?

Errrrrr........the players?

29 minutes ago, BondJovi said:

When you have 3 games a week, how much can the manager actually do?

That drive and desire has to come from the players. One of the reason Derby have got into such a position is years of blaming the manager and letting the players off. We never give a manager long enough to fix the problems he sees. In times of adversity you see what the players are really made of. I would expect Cocu to now have a very clear idea of what he needs.

And I don't think in this case it is a lack of intent or desire. Just a thin squad mentally, and in the senior players case, physically shot.

But having three games in a week is a common occurrence in the Championship. Every team has to deal with it. 

At the end of the day, the buck stops with the manager. I'm not saying we should change manager, but surely Cocu has to step it up and show his qualities?

He's one of the most accomplished, decorated and well-paid managers in the division. Surely we should expect more than we are seeing from a tactical and motivational perspective?

Look at what Paul Cook has done in recent months at Wigan. Look at what Nathan Jones has done at Luton. Do they have briliant players?

Archived