Norwich city crowd noise

RamNut

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Are you sure? I thought someone (maybe @OwenB87) said it was for our games too. Maybe just main event?

No, the club are putting their own sounds in through the stadium. That's what you'll be able to hear for EFL games.

Sky are only doing the crowd noise on Main Event/UHD and on Football (stadium sound) for PL games in conjunction with EA.

23 minutes ago, ThePrisoner said:

No, the club are putting their own sounds in through the stadium. That's what you'll be able to hear for EFL games.

Sky are only doing the crowd noise on Main Event/UHD and on Football (stadium sound) for PL games in conjunction with EA.

Not quite right. 

Sky are adding in crowd atmos on *all* their live games, not just PL. 

If the game isn’t on Sky then clubs can do what they like. That’s why Derby had a dynamic crowd soundtrack playing inside the stadium for the Reading game, and that’s what you were hearing on our broadcast.

But when it’s on Sky, that isn’t allowed, because they want to add their own noise to the broadcast. 

26 minutes ago, OwenB87 said:

Not quite right. 

If the game isn’t on Sky then clubs can do what they like. That’s why Derby had a dynamic crowd soundtrack playing inside the stadium for the Reading game, and that’s what you were hearing on our broadcast.

But when it’s on Sky, that isn’t allowed, because they want to add their own noise to the broadcast. 

Really? That's strange. I can't remember which Sky-picked Derby game I watched but it seemed like it had no added noise, it sounded like it was coming from within the stadium. Maybe just a sloppier effort than for the Prem games I suppose!

26 minutes ago, ThePrisoner said:

Really? That's strange. I can't remember which Sky-picked Derby game I watched but it seemed like it had no added noise, it sounded like it was coming from within the stadium. Maybe just a sloppier effort than for the Prem games I suppose!

I’m honestly so sure because I’m so annoyed about it!

Firstly because I don’t understand how the wishes of our manager can be overruled - it’s my understanding Phillip wanted some noise played in at Pride Park.

Second, because I prefer the fake crowd noise and can’t have it when it’s a Sky game!

Worst so far for me has been Man Utd games just constantly having that utter toss "20 times 20 times Man Utd" song played at least every 30 seconds, interspersed with the occasional "United United United".

Drove me mad during the Southampton game.

22 hours ago, OwenB87 said:

Not quite right. 

@ThePrisoner is correct in so far as you have a choice for PL games for noise or no noise though. All Sky games do offer this through their channels ‘Main Event’ and ‘PL’. I for one far prefer no noise, listening to the players is terrific. Sky commentators said they have to apologise for swearing as its part of the broadcasting regulations. I think some have said, me included, by apologising, it draws more attention to the swearing ?

Archived