Tribunal Update. Or not. Have a look - the mods have no more insider info than you do!

34 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

I expect no further action bar asking us to change the way we value our players 

Maybe I'm misunderstanding this, but the way we amortise players values over the length of their contract seems to me to a far more accurate value than straight line decreases, if done correctly.

Maybe the EFL will instruct all clubs to adopt our model in future.

• Replies 867
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

No we weren't. Mel was trying to fund a competitive  club. We all rave and sometimes demand success as fans. Mel can't win. Fund the club within its means and be mid table every season or challenge fo

You know why we sold our largest asset to a company under his control so it’s kind of a pointless question. This investigation, if we are completely dismissed without charge will he still have qu

This has been dragging on and on and has hurt our beloved club.  If the club is found guilty of breaching rules, many are expecting a 12 point deduction, and so i propose that it be only fair that if

Posted Images

16 minutes ago, reverendo de duivel said:

Maybe I'm misunderstanding this, but the way we amortise players values over the length of their contract seems to me to a far more accurate value than straight line decreases, if done correctly.

Depends whether you are carrying brad at 6m all the way through because to properly value him would breach PS. not saying that is the case for the record.  I dislike our method which can lump significant cost into the final year,it is not prudent imo

21 minutes ago, Spanish said:

Depends whether you are carrying brad at 6m all the way through because to properly value him would breach PS. not saying that is the case for the record.  I dislike our method which can lump significant cost into the final year,it is not prudent imo

The auditors have clearly been ok with it though, if that method has been in the accounts for a few years.

18 minutes ago, Spanish said:

That's one of the problems though isn't it?

People assume it's some sort of wheeze for P&S reasons, yet applied correctly with realistic values applied, it's actually a more honest way of doing things.

Like yourself, I wouldn't accuse the club of not valuing assets correctly, little point to kicking the can down the road now a rolling average over 3 seasons is the measurement.

1 hour ago, reverendo de duivel said:

If there is a model applied to it, which can be displayed to be reasonable with reference to things done before I think it is fair to use it.

If we are back leading all of the amortisation it is clearly being done for other motives.

The fact that we supposedly extended a few contracts to avoid taking a big FFP hit would lead me to believe it is the latter.

25 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

If there is a model applied to it, which can be displayed to be reasonable with reference to things done before I think it is fair to use it.

If we are back leading all of the amortisation it is clearly being done for other motives.

The fact that we supposedly extended a few contracts to avoid taking a big FFP hit would lead me to believe it is the latter.

The assumption we extended contracts to avoid sanction would probably be a more cautious statement.

I know what you mean though.

17 minutes ago, reverendo de duivel said:

The assumption we extended contracts to avoid sanction would probably be a more cautious statement.

I know what you mean though.

I cant believe the auditors would let the club do it to be honest, but I've seen it mentioned by numerous sources.