Sibley red rescinded

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, David said:

Good. Now the ref should be given 200 hours community service and a 6 month suspended sentence.

About time we got tough on these referees.

I think he should be made to clean Sibley’s boots and hand-wash Sibley’s match-worn “gentleman’s support” for the remainder of the season. ?

1 minute ago, Wolfie20 said:

That numpty should be embarrassed and ashamed to take his match fee, as should that dolt of a linesman.

It will be interesting to see if he gets a game in the coming week.

13 minutes ago, David said:

Good. Now the ref should be given 200 hours community service and a 6 month suspended sentence.

About time we got tough on these incompetent referees.

And the West Brom player for deliberately attempting to deceive the match official..?

13 minutes ago, David said:

About time we got tough on these incompetent referees.

I've often wondered why referees aren't asked to justify the decisions they've made - I hate the refs who only book players in the second half - And the ones who are so inconsistent with their calls

Whittaker getting booked for diving and then one of our players getting a foul given against him soon after for the exact same kind of challenge was a classic example of that for me

14 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

No ban for con artist O'Shea?

This also annoys me

The ref was partly suckered in by the player's acting - And because of it we were disadvantaged and a player got sent off

Is that not the exact reason people get booked for diving? Getting an unfair advantage through feigning injury

Referees should receive some kind of punishment for totally inept performances such as last night. Prior to the red he was dreadful, but that decision just took it to the extreme. This season has been an all-time low in terms of standards of refereeing at this level, and they’re not held accountable for their decisions. EFL are very quick to punish clubs for mistakes but shield their officials from any blame.

Technically the WBA player should also face action, given the rules. Increase the ban slightly for his sheer stupidity that his play-acting could’ve weakened us against the only side who can prevent them getting promoted.

Archived