Team for next season?

IslandExile

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply
54 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Yes, a tricky one. I personally would play two upfront and have Bielik as the holding midfielder rather than playing two there as we do now. I don’t particularly like the current formation. Overly defensive and doesn’t encourage a fast tempo ?

100% agree on the formation and tempo, would rather see Martin and Marriott together to be honest with Waggy as a back up for either 

It really depends who we are left with after the transfer window shuts but as we stand 

Roos 

bogle.   Dutch   Wisdom lowe 

knight    Bird Rooney.  Lawrence     

Waghorn Marriott 

obvious replacements include Forsyth Davies Holmes Bennett and if he stays Martin 

i tend to think we would take decent offers for Bogle and Lawrence 

3 hours ago, Sparkle said:

It really depends who we are left with after the transfer window shuts but as we stand 

Roos 

Waghorn Marriott 

obvious replacements include Forsyth Davies Holmes Bennett and if he stays Martin 

62DED960-F9B1-464F-B122-7AB7F9E8D3B0.png

Sounds like a good plan to me.

10 hours ago, Sparkle said:

Roos 

Waghorn Marriott 

No sibley?

Expectations.....

• new keeper on loan 
  • wisdom v bogle at RB
  • Te wierik
  • lowe to become first choice LB,
  • Clarke on loan 
  • bielik to eventually replace rooney
  • Kadioglu ?
  • Waghorn at centre forward 
  • Martin to re-sign 

2 hours ago, RamNut said:

Expectations.....

• new keeper on loan 
  • wisdom v bogle at RB
  • Te wierik
  • lowe to become first choice LB,
  • Clarke on loan 
  • bielik to eventually replace rooney
  • Kadioglu ?
  • Waghorn at centre forward 
  • Martin to re-sign 

Some width ?

we have none of any note 

Lawrence wants to come inside ... ditto Waggy 

jflo hasn’t cut it... ditto mason and holmes is certainly no wide man 

The squad / side is still in need of a lot

although first port of call has to be a keeper as the irony is that with a half decent one... ie the sort that earns u 10 points a season and not one that costs u that amount would probably have see us firmly embedded in the play offs 

madness hey

8 minutes ago, NottsRam77 said:

Some width ?

we have none of any note 

Lawrence wants to come inside ... ditto Waggy 

jflo hasn’t cut it... ditto mason and holmes is certainly no wide man 

The squad / side is still in need of a lot

although first port of call has to be a keeper as the irony is that with a half decent one... ie the sort that earns u 10 points a season and not one that costs u that amount would probably have see us firmly embedded in the play offs 

madness hey

Yeah I’d love to see us sign two decent wingers who can get to the bye-line, but the above post was what I think may happen.
Kadioglu may be able to play wide but the fee could be a problem. He looks like a Dutch Tom lawrence.

I just wonder whether - as with bielik - we might invest everything we have got in one player. 

(P.s. I keep reading on here, that “the game has moved on” and “wingers are now supposed Play on the opposite flank, and cut inside on their stronger foot. There was even one person who said bogle should be a left winger!
What a load of twaddle. And we then wonder why our crossing is useless).

Strongest starting lineup will be hard next season. One thing is certain, Rooney can't play every minute and every game. Because it means having to drop other players that deserve game time. In order of prominence.

GK (new)

RB Bogle/Wisdom

RCB Te Weirk/Bielik/Wisdom/Davies

LCB (new)/Evans/Forsyth

LB Lowe/Forsyth/Buchanan

DM Bielik/Rooney/Bird

CM (2) Rooney/Bird/Bielik/Holmes/Brown

CAM Sibley/Lawrence/Holmes

AFL Lawrence/(new winger)/Knight

AFR Waghorn/Knight/(*new winger)

ST  Waghorn/New ST/Marriott?/Martin? 

Obviously 12 positions listed there. Structure will be the same most games, but at times we'll have someone playing some form of DM and others a CAM. 

I honestly can't see a lot of difference. The prominence of the kids recently will change plans a bit.  

New keeper

Bogle Te Wierek Clarke (back on loan)/Wisdom Forsyth

Bird Rooney

Holmes Sibley Lawrence

Waghorn

Maybe a new winger/striker which would probably push Holmes or Waghorn out of the team, or at least to rotation.

Not quite hitting our 50% target but Lowe and Knight on the bench still means we fit that ethos. I imagine that league one and 2 teams will rely heavily on loans so Buchanan, Whittaker, Mitchell-Lawson and Hector-Ingram will probably be elsewhere..

Shinnie, Bielik, Evans and Martin round off the bench with any random keeper/Roos and whoever we don't manage to shift from Davies, Malone, Jozefzoon and Marriott, and any budget arrivals.

27 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Aiming for a return to training near October. A bit of U23 football on his return. Probably get sent off in his first match back, and then get injured in training. 

FTFY

2 hours ago, RamNut said:

Yeah I’d love to see us sign two decent wingers who can get to the bye-line, but the above post was what I think may happen.
Kadioglu may be able to play wide but the fee could be a problem. He looks like a Dutch Tom lawrence.

I just wonder whether - as with bielik - we might invest everything we have got in one player. 

(P.s. I keep reading on here, that “the game has moved on” and “wingers are now supposed Play on the opposite flank, and cut inside on their stronger foot. There was even one person who said bogle should be a left winger!
What a load of twaddle. And we then wonder why our crossing is useless).

I hope we don’t put all our eggs into one Seemingly a bit Overrated polish basket again 

im all for quality over quantity but when we need as much as we do I think we’ve got buy smart for a change and not just pay a big fee for one player 

Archived