Wisdom    Clarke   te wierik

Bogle            bird    bielik           lowe

Sibley        Lawrence 

Waghorn/Marriott 

Screams mid table

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I suggest we get money for Bogle and Lawrence.

Release the deadwood which there are a few.

New

Wisdom Te Wirek   New

Rooney

New.     Bird.   Bielik     New

Sibley 

Marriott or New

New

Bogle    Te Weriek   Clarke.    Lowe

Bielik.      Bird

New.              Sibley.             Lawrence

New

subs for each position;

Roos

Ebosele

Wisdom

Davies

Forsyth

Rooney

Evans

New

Knight

New

Waghorn

That would be my ideal transfer window.

New

Bogle   Bielik  Te Weriek     Lowe

Bird

Knight Sibley

New               Rooney          New

Subs/Squad

Ravas, Wisdom, Forsyth, Davies, Holmes, Trialist, Jayden Mitchell Lawson, Brown, Whitaker, plus other academy players on the fringes.

I would give trialist, Brown, Ravas and Whitaker full game time in the next two and see what they can offer.

out...

Mariott, Lawrence, Martin, Roos, Waghorn, Evans. 

Use the funds to buy two decent, young wingers either from lower leagues or abroad. Plus a good goalie. 

Over the last few games when we’ve made mistakes and been poor it’s the experienced pros that have been poor letting the young lads down, they won’t always have a good game the young lot but need some more better experienced pros around them.

We go forward once or twice a match with real purpose and the opponent can’t deal with us but Brentford do that all game Leeds do that all game we just do it a couple of times, it’s clear we need a couple of good wingers that’ll get in behind and run at the defence otherwise it’s just pass pass pass without going forward, it’s so simple for teams in this league to defend most play in a good shape and we don’t do anything to break the shape.

Roos had a good game but that doesn’t take away the need of a new commanding keeper.

so for me it has to be 2 new wingers id like to see maybe one coming from abroad that Cocu knows.

a GK that can pass and can catch (roos number 2) 

a Striker unless we can get Marriott firing 

Clarke back 

would leave us with 

GK new, Roos

LB Fozzy Lowe

RB Bogle Wisdom 

CB Clarke Te Wierk Evans Wisdom Bielik

CDM Bird Bielik Shinnie 

CM Rooney Holmes 

WINGERS New New Lawrence (Waghorn)

Striker new Martin Marriott 

sell Malone Josefzoon Bennett 

cant see us being able to bring in more than 2/3 players though 

(GK)

Bogle/Wisdom   Te Wierik   (LCB)    Forsyth/Lowe

Bird

Rooney                  Sibley

(RW)                                                       Lawrence

(FW)

Rooney playing at full pelt for as long as he can manage, replaced by Knight when gassed. If he can't do that then Knight starts and Rooney becomes a tactical sub later on if we need more control in a game.

Starting XI - (GK); Bogle, Te Wierik, Bielik, Lowe; Bird, Knight; (RW), Sibley, Lawrence; Marriott

Bench - Roos, Wisdom, Forsyth, Evans, Shinnie, Rooney, Holmes, Waghorn, (CF)

Depth - Davies, Buchanan, Whittaker, & the other academy graduates.

Completely agree with the posts arguing that Rooney and Bird can't play together. It's essentially pairing two players together to do the same job. I think at this stage it's very hard to know how we'll do next season, but if we're still building for the future then there really is no point in playing Rooney and taking minutes away from Knight.

I'd be trying to bring in the GK and winger on free transfers to save funds, and the CF could be a loanee from a PL club.

Roos - His performance last night prooved why he should be our #1. 2 more performances like that and I wouldn't bother signing a new keeper. His confidence will shoot up, and if he continues to work on his command of the box he'll be a top keeper at this level. 
Carson and Mitchell - Sell
Ravas - He'd be my cup keeper and be backup to Roos.

Bogle - First choice RB.
Wisdom - Comes in for Bogle if injured or up against physical opponents. Battles for CB with Te Wierik.
Te Wierik - Battling with Wisdom for the right sided CB spot.
New CB - Left sided. Someone like Clarke
Davies - Not suited to how we want to play. Limited to emergencies and to bring on when shutting out a game.
Lowe - First choice LB
Buchanan - Backup LB
Fozzy - Not suited to how we want to play so drops to 3rd choice.
Malone - Sell

Evans - Emergency CB and backup DM whilst Bielik recovers from injury.
Bielik - Starting DM once fully fit. Provides better balance to the team as he can drop off into a 'false CB' position whilst Bogle and Lowe bomb forward.
Bird - Starting DM until Bielik is fit. Moves forward into the 'Hughes role' after.
Sibley - First choice AM if he starts next season as he'd ended this one.
Rooney - Probably starts until Bielik's back.
Shinnie - Not quite suited to how we want to play, but a good pro to have in the squad and reliable backup for the DM/CM positions.
Holmes - Hopefully having a month or so off to fully recover from his injury will see him return to his earlier season form. Good backup to the CM/AM positions. I'd be tempted to sell, him, providing Knight the chance to play in more central positions.
Knight - With the numbers we have in midfield his game time here will be limited. May have to be just backup to our wingers and CM/AM positions.

New RW - A new starter. A right-sided, left-footed Lawrence will do. 
Lawrence - One of the first names on the team sheet. Starts every game at LW when available.
Whittaker - Sort of an emergency RW option. Needs to make a mark on a game when he gets the chance.
Jozefzoon and Bennett - Sell

Waghorn - Battling with Marriott as starting CF and covers RW.
Marriott - Battling with Waghorn as starting CF. Injury troubles are hopefully past him now and he finds his old scoring boots. Lacking the touch and passing required to be ideal for our style, but he'll terrify the opposition with his movement and sharp shooting.
Martin - Not in our long term plans and I'm not convinced he'll 100% suited to how we want to play. Ideal to keep around for another season, but I think he'll leave when his contract expires.

Roughly speaking, I would go with something like this as a first 11:

Roos
Bogle   Te Wierik   **NEW**   Lowe
Bielik
Bird          
**NEW**             Sibley   Lawrence
Marriott

Backed up by this:

Ravas
Wisdom, Evans, Davies, Buchanan/Fozzy
Rooney   Shinnie
Whittaker   Holmes   Knight
Waghorn

Ebosele, JBrown, JML, Archie and Trialist to all get a game or two in the cups, with occasional games in the league.

New GK

Wisdom  Te Wierek  Clarke  Lowe

Rooney Bird 

New RM/RW  Sibley  Lawrence    

New striker

From what Cocu said last night he’s unhappy with the way our defence has performed. He said we score enough but concede too easily.

So defence is where our limited funds will go plus the (or plural) winger we didn’t get in Jan window.

New keeper, centre half x2 plus right winger.

1 hour ago, RoyMac5 said:

From what Cocu said last night he’s unhappy with the way our defence has performed. He said we score enough but concede too easily.

So defence is where our limited funds will go plus the (or plural) winger we didn’t get in Jan window.

Wisdom and Te Wierik haven’t been available. Get Clarke in for another season and I don’t think we’ll be signing anymore. Evans, Davies, Bielik and Fozzy all capable backups as 4th to 7th choice CB. 

12 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Wisdom and Te Wierik haven’t been available. Get Clarke in for another season and I don’t think we’ll be signing anymore. Evans, Davies, Bielik and Fozzy all capable backups as 4th to 7th choice CB. 

So Clarke is one of the two centre halves -  Evans is not good enough. We need another proper centre half, not a ‘back up’. Plus we need the Academy to find some youngsters.

1 hour ago, RoyMac5 said:

Our defending isn't **that** bad which is what worries me. It's clear to see we don't have enough goals going forward...

12 hours ago, Abu Dhabi Ram said:

New

Bogle   Bielik  Te Weriek     Lowe

Bird

Knight Sibley

New               Rooney          New

Subs/Squad

Ravas, Wisdom, Forsyth, Davies, Holmes, Trialist, Jayden Mitchell Lawson, Brown, Whitaker, plus other academy players on the fringes.

I would give trialist, Brown, Ravas and Whitaker full game time in the next two and see what they can offer.

out...

Mariott, Lawrence, Martin, Roos, Waghorn, Evans. 

Use the funds to buy two decent, young wingers either from lower leagues or abroad. Plus a good goalie. 

That’s nearly all our goals from this season gone though...

12 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

So Clarke is one of the two centre halves -  Evans is not good enough. We need another proper centre half, not a ‘back up’. Plus we need the Academy to find some youngsters.

We’ve already signed Te Wierik, and Wisdom was first choice before he was stabbed. Those two will be battling it out as the first choice right sided CB. That then leaves Clarke (or other signing) as first choice left sided CB. 
Evans, Davies, Bielik and Fozzy provide adequate cover in case of an emergency. From what I can see, there’s no logic to signing an extra CB on top of all those, just to fill in for a couple of games. 

3 minutes ago, nogbad van 50 said:

Some very good ideas put forward so far but ,for me,I don’t want to see a Derby team with Bogle and Lowe in it.One or the other but not both.They’re reasonable going forward but defensively? it’s a no from me.

This season I would be similarly minded, but would that be the case with a dominant keeper and centre halves next season?

If we retain Clarke, I could also see a variant on 5-3-2 as Plan B (or C) where Bogle and Lowe would be integral to the system.

8 minutes ago, nogbad van 50 said:

Some very good ideas put forward so far but ,for me,I don’t want to see a Derby team with Bogle and Lowe in it.One or the other but not both.They’re reasonable going forward but defensively? it’s a no from me.

The problem is we have 3 left senior LB's+ Buchanen and they all aren't good enough. We could sign a new LB and potentially be stuck with 5 LB's.

Ideally I'd sell Forsyth + Malone and sign Morgan Fox on a free transfer as well as keep Lowe and Buchanen as backup because at least those to still have room to improve. But I doubt this could happen.

Archived