Team for next season?

IslandExile

7 minutes ago, Will Hughes Hair said:

That's a bold strategy. Sign the Man Utd reserve goalkeeper and stick him wide right.  I like it.

Ha ha

PSV youngster Cocu signed who they loaned out last year.

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, LeedsCityRam said:

All fair points.

Whilst I don't disagree that Bielik has the physical tools to be a CB, his biggest weakness is mentality. Yes, he's only 22 but realistically is that something that is going to be coached in the time we need him to be a top 6 Championship standard CB? My instinct says no, it'd be a year or so minimum before we could rely on him for 40 odd games & therefore as we have plenty of CMs & he is a saleable asset, believe its worth cashing in now to fund issues elsewhere.

Regarding strikers, I don't believe we'd be in the market for anyone proven as we probably couldn't afford them - more a punt on someone who has lost their way/a loan option or a late bloomer - someone like Lyle Taylor (not him specifically as he's off to Rangers). I'm loathe to see purchases if solutions exist within the squad but I think we need strikers who are comfortable with their back to goal - Marriott doesn't suit that profile & he doesn't appear that motivated here, which in turn would impact on his willingness to convert to a different type of forward.

With Bielik I think it's something he can certainly be coached with, he's not the first rash young centre back to be coached out of it. Hard to say how quickly that will take but I do think it's worth persevering because his raw talent is sky high. Plus he gives someone who really can drive forward with the ball either from DM or CB an option we've really missed. On a final note I just don't think we'd get anything like a fee to make it worthwhile selling him this window.

I could definately see your point if there is  striker that first the bill. But again I just don't think we get a worthwhile offer for Mariott this window so it's possibly worthwhile trying to mould him into what we want.

On 09/07/2020 at 13:01, DCFC27 said:

3/4 new wingers on loans until the end of  ext season. Doesn’t matter if they’re inconsistent one of them will provide goals. It’s what WBA had over us yesterday. That was the difference. We have a really good spine of the team now with what we have, just need to flair on the wings and we’ll walk to title next year. 

If we are to rely on loans it would need to be ones akin to Harry Wilson in terms of ability and output. Not sure where we get those players from. We also need a really decent (experienced) keeper to challenge for auto promotion. A lot will depend on continued youth development. Bird is already there, not sure about the others currently in the 1st team squad. Time will tell. My guess is a 6th place finish if we don't receive a points deduction from EFL. 

11 hours ago, europia said:

If we are to rely on loans it would need to be ones akin to Harry Wilson in terms of ability and output. Not sure where we get those players from. We also need a really decent (experienced) keeper to challenge for auto promotion. A lot will depend on continued youth development. Bird is already there, not sure about the others currently in the 1st team squad. Time will tell. My guess is a 6th place finish if we don't receive a points deduction from EFL. 

Whilst I think we could do with a better keeper, I’ve come to the conclusion that Hamer is experienced and calm enough to not cost us points. You don’t necessarily need a brilliant goalie, you just need one that the defence feels safe playing with, which you can tell we do.
I would just focus on getting wingers in, there’s always some available from the top clubs that aren’t making it there. We also need to replace Clarke (hopefully with Clarke). Genuinely I’d probably go back in for Hamer depending on the cost of others. 

6 hours ago, DCFC27 said:

I’ve come to the conclusion that Hamer is experienced and calm enough to not cost us points. You don’t necessarily need a brilliant goalie, you just need one that the defence feels safe playing with, which you can tell we do.

Ouch.

6 hours ago, DCFC27 said:

Whilst I think we could do with a better keeper, I’ve come to the conclusion that Hamer is experienced and calm enough to not cost us points. You don’t necessarily need a brilliant goalie, you just need one that the defence feels safe playing with, which you can tell we do.
I would just focus on getting wingers in, there’s always some available from the top clubs that aren’t making it there. We also need to replace Clarke (hopefully with Clarke). Genuinely I’d probably go back in for Hamer depending on the cost of others. 

This aged like a glass of milk left out on a warm day. 

18 hours ago, europia said:

If we are to rely on loans it would need to be ones akin to Harry Wilson in terms of ability and output. Not sure where we get those players from. We also need a really decent (experienced) keeper to challenge for auto promotion. A lot will depend on continued youth development. Bird is already there, not sure about the others currently in the 1st team squad. Time will tell. My guess is a 6th place finish if we don't receive a points deduction from EFL

Still think we'll finish 6th? I have to admire your optimism. I reckon more likely more likely 10th or 11th but I'm OK with/resigned to that this season.

With regard to where we would get such loan players as Wilson from, it that's what Cocu want to do (I'm not sure he does), wouldn't it be exactly where we have done in the past? i.e. the bloated squads full of young talent at the the likes of Chelsea.

?

Bielik   TeWierik   Bird

Bogle                                   Lowe

Knight   Rooney   Sibley

Lawrence

?

Subs: Roos, Wisdom, Forsyth, Shinnie, Waghorn, Martin, Marriott

19 minutes ago, Carnero said:

?

Bielik   TeWierik   Bird

Knight   Rooney   Sibley

Lawrence

?

What?

12 hours ago, DCFC27 said:
23 hours ago, europia said:

Can I have some of what your on please

5 hours ago, Tamworthram said:

Still think we'll finish 6th? I have to admire your optimism. I reckon more likely more likely 10th or 11th but I'm OK with/resigned to that this season.

With regard to where we would get such loan players as Wilson from, it that's what Cocu want to do (I'm not sure he does), wouldn't it be exactly where we have done in the past? i.e. the bloated squads full of young talent at the the likes of Chelsea.

Don't think you read my post properly. When I said finish 6th, I was talking next season. In the context of the original post. 

2 hours ago, Carnero said:

?

Bielik   TeWierik   Bird

Knight   Rooney   Sibley

Lawrence

?

Big fan other than Bird at centre back, he’d be wasted there.

8 hours ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Ravas
Bogle   JBrown   Buchanan   Lowe
Knight   Bird   Sibley
Whittaker   Bennett   JML

7 hours ago, Tamworthram said:

Obviously not a serious suggestion. 

Well, that's obvious. Swap Bennett to Hector-Ingram and it's much more convenient.

We need:

New GK

New CB

New RW

If we can get some extra quality in those positions that would make me happy.

We should sell Bennett, especially if Millwall want him permanently. Possibly sell Jozefzoon as well if a good offer comes in, if not he wouldn't be bad to keep. Possible loans for Whittaker and other young forwards as we have a lot of players in the first team in those positions already.

*************Etheridge*****************

*****Te Wierik**Bielik**Clarke**********

Wisdom************************Malone

*****************Bird*****************

********Knight***********Sibley*******

****************Lawrence**************

*****************Martin**************

Ravas / Bogle / Buchanan / Rooney / Holmes / Waghorn / Marriott 

12 hours ago, JustOneChrissyMartin said:

Big fan other than Bird at centre back, he’d be wasted there.

I didnt want to leave Knight out ?

Ok...

?

Wisdom   TeWierik   Buchanan

Bogle                                         Lowe

Rooney          Bird

Lawrence                Sibley

?

Archived