Derby County Vs Brentford matchday thread.

Rev

We’ve been a lot better in that first half than I feared 5 minutes in. Having Lawrence and Lowe back has made a huge difference. Our movement looks so much better in the final third, and we’ve been better at winning the ball back in defence too - as well as playing it out quicker and sharper. Final ball still needs work mind, and I’m still more than slightly concerned about our defending when the ball is playing in behind. It’s been too easy at times for Brentford to cut through.

• Replies 785
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Much love for Lawrence. Well done, fella

Evans caught for the goal but not crime of the century even for a real CB against a team this good. 

Bit loose from Sibely but he's looking lively with Martin now.

And more organised defending rather than two players pressing and get bypassed by and ball forward. Might suit Waghorn but Martin pressing on his own is agony to watch. He's done really well from deep positions too

Lowe and Lawrence, Knight and Bogle ?

Think Lowe should be given a proper run in the team now, also think people forget that Bogle is only 19 and had only one full season and inexperience/ wrong decisions will still happen.

Sibley is a major threat, runs at people, which defenders don’t like.

5 minutes ago, SKRam said:

I’d have him above Forsyth every day of every week 

Yet...switched off for the first goal and missed a header that nearly led to a second. I would still pick a fresh Fozzy in a back 4. 

We will need Forsyth at Cardiff who are more physical and play Paterson at RM who is very strong in the air. 

1 minute ago, sage said:

Yet...switched off for the first goal and missed a header that nearly led to a second. I would still pick a fresh Fozzy in a back 4. 

I know it splits on here but Forsyth passing is so so poor. He’s played 200 so clearly has ability but I fear every time he tries to make a pass. You can pick on moments but Lowe getting better and he’s the one for me ?

Lowe could have been on his toes more and then missed the header nearly leading to their second. Evans needs to be aware of the space in behind him.

We are putting phases of play together but just need to execute them more up the pitch. Birdy needs to get his head up more. 

Looking good. 

Brentford have come to play and that’s allowed us to play our game.

Its actually quite a complement that the dogs and WBA came to stifle us, they clearly saw us as a threat. Just need to find a way to counter that style when it’s used against us!

I really don’t think we are a million miles away from Brentford. A proper left footed dynamic forward to play on the right and a bit of tidying up at the back but other than that there’s not much between us in general, and even at that we’re more than matching them today. And it’s worth mentioning that their GK and CB’s were all fairly pricey, certainly pricier than markets we will be looking at now I would think. 

Lots of positive passing between the lines is really good to see, Rooney been excellent at finding Sibley in pockets. 

Yep it’s the hope that kills ya but we really can do these. For me Bird probably our worst player so far. By worst that’s not a shocker but we’ve stepped up here to show we can play seriously good football. Right cup of tea quick! 

Archived