User names..

mozza

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, Brummie Steve said:

I'm not a Brummie, I was born in London BUT my Mum and Dad were both born in Birmingham.

For the past 40 years I have lived within a mile of the Birmingham border.

I love the Black Country as the folk are just like In Derbyshire.

Believe it or not my name is Stephen but even at work this was too hard to remember so it was always shortened to Steve (except when I was in trouble!).

I changed from Steve Brummie to Brummie Steve as it got me several places higher on my brother's prediction league!

Well he did ask!

Moss doesn't grow on a busy street!

Funny how the full name, when used, is indicative of having transgressed an unwritten rule somewhere along the line.

Not with me, of course, because I'm perfect, but The Memsahib (who is sometimes 'Sue') metamorphoses into 'Bloody hell Susan'.

25 minutes ago, Steve How Hard? said:

Just a play on words in homage of our ex striker Steve Howard. Oh and my real life name is Steven but I'm definitely not hard or so I'm constantly told. She can be very critical my missus. 

I found that so many folk spell Stephen with a V rather than PH so I had to accept Steve.

Like you say, we have Steves Bloomer, Howard, Powell etc. in the proud history of DCFC so we can proudly hold our heads high whether we are hard or soft-hearted!

Not to mention MacClaren!

21 minutes ago, Brummie Steve said:

found that so many folk spell Stephen with a V rather than PH so I had to accept Steve.

Like you say, we have Steves Bloomer, Howard, Powell etc. in the proud history of DCFC so we can proudly hold our heads high whether we are hard or soft-hearted!

Edited 18 minutes ago by Brummie Steve

You clearly forgot Steve McClaren, then had to go back and edit it, so as not to offend him!  Oh... He'll be offended, alright!  ?  

When I was younger, and friends are writing who they love/want to be with, they write their name 4 whoever. Well...

Also, My name is Rob and my birthday is on the 4th, so could be that too (seems less weird than the original reason)

11 hours ago, Brummie Steve said:

I found that so many folk spell Stephen with a V rather than PH so I had to accept Steve.

Steve with a PH is Steph

15 hours ago, Mucker1884 said:

May I ask...

Does the current Mrs Wolfie know you refer to her as The current Mrs Wolfie?
And is the current Mrs Wolfie aware that this cutesy-wootsie nickname of yours was a lovey-dovey term of endearment from the first and original Mrs Wolfie?

1. Yes. She stared it, actually, as she has been married more times than me.

2. Yes. She once called me it too (don't know where she had the idea from) and I had to tell her where it originated. She has not called me Wolfie again.

13 hours ago, reverendo de duivel said:

Hard to think innit?

It obviously wasn't sexist, homophobic, racist, misogynistic, or anything else ending in ist or ic.

Something else that got the lawyers gander up perhaps?

I can't remember the finer details, and probably for the best as repeating it would probably get me banned again

It was something about a certain player's recently deceased mum and how when players score they do that heart/kiss to the sky in memory of lost loved ones. I think I made a comment about how she'd be waiting a long time for him to do the sky kiss (because said player was pretty terrible)

Very poor taste/poor timing I admit, and I'm not gonna lie - I think I'd been in the pub.

Fully deserved and I took it on the chin and apologised though. I'm not one of these free speech warriors who thinks we should be able to joke about everything and not get called out over it! ?

6 hours ago, Van Wolfie said:

1. Yes. She stared it, actually, as she has been married more times than me.

2. Yes. She once called me it too (don't know where she had the idea from) and I had to tell her where it originated. She has not called me Wolfie again.

Just think, there's been another 18 Wolfies between you and @Wolfie20, and now you can add a @RamNut too.

No wonder you got rid.

Needed a name for a computer game. Googled game name generator. Gave me Alpha and it was taken. Gave me Sigma and it was taken. I tried AlphaSigma and it was taken

AlphaSignia wasn't. 

I'm CupidStunt, BatFasterd, RairyHectum on other other stuff depending what's free 

Archived