sage

On 07/07/2020 at 22:21, AndyinLiverpool said:

he got shot in the first 10 minutes.'

Did he, I need to watch it again ?

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 08/07/2020 at 08:54, Srg said:

There’s a whole subreddit dedicated to this stuff. 
https://www.reddit.com/r/MovieDetails/

The kids watch this stuff on YouTube, they start out with quite interesting 'easter egg' stuff and you go 'ohhhhh yeh...never noticed'.. And it's like a clever, hidden clue to the murderer. 

But very quickly they become so painfully laboured it's ridiculous how they are presented... 'number 7 in the greatest movie bloopers ever is in Gremlins where the labourer in the background is driving a model of Dodge truck only released for purchase in 1987 even though the film is set in Christmas 1986...' 

44 minutes ago, Chester40 said:

The kids watch this stuff on YouTube, they start out with quite interesting 'easter egg' stuff and you go 'ohhhhh yeh...never noticed'.. And it's like a clever, hidden clue to the murderer. 

But very quickly they become so painfully laboured it's ridiculous how they are presented... 'number 7 in the greatest movie bloopers ever is in Gremlins where the labourer in the background is driving a model of Dodge truck only released for purchase in 1987 even though the film is set in Christmas 1986...' 

Did not know that. *Starts watching Gremlins in slo-mo to spot truck*

3 hours ago, MuespachRam said:

Lukes Skywalkers dad is........oh wait, im not spoiling it for you all...

Someone actually told everyone in the queue to go and see Empire Strikes Back at Ripley cinemas that little snippet.....

Come on - spill the beans. You can't leave us all hanging like that. What is he, drunk?

• 2 months later...
9 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

Seen Layer Cake about 50 times and only JUST noticed that Sidney is Ben Whishaw (Q in most recent couple of Bond films). I’m now angry with myself. 

I once had a conversation with the missus about the next Bond, after watching Ben Whishaw in summat else, and plumped for him as Bond, not realising he was Q.

The first thing Professor Snape says to Harry is “Potter! What would I get if I added powdered root of asphodel to an infusion of wormwood?”

The question goes unanswered but "wormwood" is actually absinthe, a bitter spirit. "Wormwood" is a word used frequently in the bible symbolizing 'bitter sorrow'. "Asphodel" is a kind of Lily.

Snape is basically telling Harry that he is sorry for the death of his mother Lily Potter.

Absolutely mind blowing. She's good* you know that JK Rowling!

*trans women are women and all that.

At the end of the first Back to the Future film Martys family have changed into totally different people due to the timeline adjustments. We all know that but the family he grew up with and has childhood memories of no longer exist . Despite all their faults, he has lost them forever.

1 hour ago, TimRam said:

At the end of the first Back to the Future film Martys family have changed into totally different people due to the timeline adjustments. We all know that but the family he grew up with and has childhood memories of no longer exist . Despite all their faults, he has lost them forever.

You didn’t notice this the first time? ?

On 29/09/2020 at 23:51, Mostyn6 said:

Seen Layer Cake about 50 times and only JUST noticed that Sidney is Ben Whishaw (Q in most recent couple of Bond films). I’m now angry with myself. 

You should watch/rewatch Band of Brothers. It’s amazing how many well knowns had small roles in it. 

Simon Pegg, Stephen Graham, Tom Hardy, James McAvoy & Michael Fassbender to name a few...

On 10/07/2020 at 17:21, Chester40 said:

Did you know that Hill Valley in BTTF and Kingston Falls in Gremlins is the same place? 

On 06/07/2020 at 21:56, sage said:

When it is revealed that The rock hammer was hidden in the bible, I was so focused on the riposte of 'salvation lies within' that until now I never noticed that the bible opens up on the Book of Exodus.

Should have been Deuteronaway.

• 2 months later...

Archived